After being accused of allegedly sexting with an underage girl, Anthony Weiner could be looking at paying over $1 million in a civil lawsuit with the family, according to a New York City criminal defense attorney who spoke EXCLUSIVELY with HollywoodLife.com. Find out why Anthony would be looking at that high a number right after the jump.
“The alleged victims parents could come after Anthony [Weiner] in a civil case for damages,” New York criminal defense attorney Steve Raiser told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. As we previously reported, the 52-year-old politician was allegedly caught sexting a 15-year-old girl on Sept. 21, when she and her father reported the situation to the Daily Mail, and revealed the contents of her off-putting communications with Anthony.
“It is a forgone conclusion that the family of the victim is going to go after Anthony civilly to get some money out of him. Their daughter is being put in danger and being abused cause she is so young, and they are going to want to be compensated for that. It is only a matter of time before the family files suit against Anthony for about $1 million.” We completely understand why the family would want justice to be served on both a criminal and civil level if the appalling allegations are true, and why they would want monetary compensation if their child has been violated.
“Anthony is someone who has means to pay,” Steve said. “Anthony is looking at some significant money. Plus, he is going to want to make sure this gets out of the news right away, and try to put it behind him with a quick settlement. That would mean at least six figures, if not a $1 million, or somewhere in that neighborhood.” That’s certainly a lot of money, but this is case in no way should be taken lightly. So $1 million does not seem out of the question.
HollywoodLifers, do you think this scandal will really cost Anthony $1 million? Let us know below.