This is SO shocking! A teenager in Mexico City, Mexico reportedly died after receiving a hickey from his older girlfriend! The hickey apparently caused a major health complication — who knew they could be so deadly? Find out all the wild details here.
Julio Macias Gonzalez, 17, suffered a stroke that doctors reportedly think was caused by a hickey given to him by his 24-year-old girlfriend, according to the Independent. How crazy and tragic is THAT? Julio apparently suffered from convulsions while eating dinner with his family soon after hanging out with his lady.
When paramedics arrived, they discovered the “purple” hickey on Julio’s neck. He was then taken to the Red Cross, where, as horrifying as it is, doctors concluded the hickey created a blood clot that went to the teen’s brain, causing him to convulse and ultimately have a stroke. SO awful!
On top of it all, Julio’s parents were said to have disapproved of their son’s relationship with the 24-year-old girl, identified only as “Iris,” noting the major age difference. They even told the publication that she was “controlling.” Iris is currently believed to be in hiding.
Weirdly, this is at least the second case of a hickey-induced stroke in recent memory. Back in 2010, a New Zealand woman went to the ER when she couldn’t move her left arm. Doctors determined that she suffered a minor stroke but couldn’t figure out the cause. They later noticed a hickey on her neck and figured out that the suction on a major artery created a blood clot that went to her heart and caused a minor stroke, according to .
Thankfully the woman survived! Our hearts go out to Julio and his loved ones, who, unfortunately, wasn’t so lucky. Hopefully his story can serve as a cautionary tale.
How shocking is this story, HollywoodLifers? Did you think it was possible for a hickey to cause a stroke?