Yikes! Child-welfare officials are investigating former congressman Anthony Weiner in the wake of reports that he sent a highly inappropriate selfie WHILE laying in bed next to his son. Not going to lie — we DEFINITELY saw this one coming! Get all the details of the children’s services investigation here.
The Administration for Children’s Services has launched a probe into Anthony Weiner, 51, surrounding the care of his four-year-old son Jordan, a city government source reportedly told the New York Post.
Agency protocol requires a home visit within 48 hours, and the ACS reportedly showed up at the Weiner household, which Anthony currently shares with his estranged wife Huma Abedin, in Union Square on Aug. 30. Such visits are meant to ensure that a possibly endangered child has a room to sleep in and food to eat, the government source told the publication.
On top of that, a video shot by the publication showed Anthony leaving his building alone at around 6 a.m. on Aug. 30. However the site reported that it was unclear if the ACS had already gained access to his apartment. The shamed ex-politician said on Aug. 31 though that he had NOT been visited or interviewed by ACS.
For those who need a refresher, Huma publicly announced she and Anthony were separating on Aug. 29, just hours after The Post published her hubby’s disturbing crotch shot with Jordan.
And this is certainly not the first time Anthony has found himself between a rock and a hard place. Back in 2011, he resigned from Congress over yet another sexting scandal. He later claimed to have gone to rehab. He even attempted a political comeback in 2013 by running for mayor with Huma’s support, but his surging campaign collapsed amid revelations he had resumed sexting under the pseudonym “Carlos Danger.”
At this point it’s pretty clear Anthony has a major problem. And, as HollywoodLife.com previously reported, experts agree! “Anthony Weiner suffers from sex addiction,” addiction expert Steven Ornstein EXCLUSIVELY told us. “He’s in complete denial and continues to demonstrate high risk behavior, even in front of his young child. This shows the severity of his sexual deviancy.”
The allegedly incriminating photo, which surfaced on Aug. 28, reportedly shows a selfie of Anthony in his bed NEXT to his sleeping son wearing nothing but a pair of boxer briefs. Even worse, he’s clearly aroused as he was reportedly having a hot sexting convo with a 40-year-old woman, according to the Post.
HollywoodLife.com reached out to ACS for comment, but were told that in order to “protect children and their privacy,” they do not “comment on specific cases or allegations of child maltreatment, regardless of whether or not allegations have been reported, are being investigated, or have not resulted in an investigation.”
Tell us, HollywoodLifers — are you surprised that Anthony is being investigated? Do you think his son should be taken away?