When Hot 97 radio DJ Funkmaster Flex said that Drake doesn’t write his own songs, the ‘Hotline Bling’ singer called for the New York hip-hop radio station to fire him during a show Aug. 4. Flex fired back, and now Hollywoodlife.com has all the EXCLUSIVE deets on Drake’s next move.
Funkmaster Flex, 48, had some fighting words for Drake, 29, when he took their beef to the air waves on Aug 6. “First of all, Drake, I’m not really worried about you making me lose my job,” Flex said. “70% of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals. I’m not concerned about you.”
However, as we learned from an insider, the comments struck a nerve with the rapper, who is planning his own diss track aimed at getting his own back on Funkmaster Flex.
“Drake always feels like he has to prove himself. His music is really popular with the ladies, but he’s always craved the respect of the hip-hop gangtsa rapper set. He wants to be thought of as a thug and hates the idea of anyone thinking he’s soft. So, when Flex warned him that he’d really be responding on the air, Drake immediately knew what he was going to say. Now he feels like he has to do something really bad ass to prove himself but his management team are begging him to take the high road.”
But if things go according to plan, there won’t be any blood shed. “Drake is definitely going to fire back in a song. The feud is far from over.” Rihanna’s on-again-off-again boyf intends to prove the pen is mightier than the pistol, and shut down Funkmaster, as he’s known to friends, once and for all!
HollywoodLifers, Is Drake’s revenge plan a solid one or should the boys settle this dispute the old fashioned way?