First they tried to take Justin Bieber, now Nick Jonas? Nick was reportedly offered $2 million to play a concert in Cleveland following the Republican National Convention! So why did Nick turn the mega millions down?
Nick Jonas, 23, didn’t play a concert connected to the Republican National Convention, even if it paid the big bucks, because he had bigger fish to fry! The “Chains” singer was reportedly offered somewhere around $2 million to play a concert on July 24th in Cleveland, in the week following the RNC, according to TMZ. What, no offer to Demi Lovato, too? Rude!
Nick passed on the offer, which would be paid to him directly by a “private donor.” Did that private donor’s name rhyme with Shmonald Shmump? The show was intended to be a free concert for the people of Cleveland, as a big thank you for hosting the RNC. Sorry, but Nick had plans; he was already scheduled to play a Roc Nation event in NYC on July 24, and partying with Jay Z sounds like a lot more fun than with Scott Baio.
Justin Bieber, 22, was also reportedly offered $5 million to play a similar concert in Cleveland, as HollywoodLife.com previously told you. Justin turned down the gig for a few reasons, including a preference for Hillary Clinton, 68, over Donald Trump, 70. That’s a very good reason to not want to play the RNC!
Something else to mull over: Justin was reportedly told, according to TMZ, that he would not be allowed to display Black Lives Matter banners at the concert, but All Lives Matter decorations would be welcome. Nick was reportedly told that his concert would be an All Lives Matter event. Interesting!
HollywoodLifers, are you shocked that the RNC tried to get Nick to play the convention? Tell us in the comments!