Olivia Munn was a total beach babe at the 2016 ESPY Awards! The actress rocked a textured, wavy hairstyle with glowing, golden skin and a pale pink lip. Find out the exact how-to behind her summer waves, ahead.
Olivia Munn, 36, was serious hair goals at the ESPY Awards on July 14 in Los Angeles. Attending with boyfriend, NFL star Aaron Rodgers, Olivia’s head-to-toe look was effortless but still glam. Plus, her hairstyle is the ultimate summer look.
Hairstylist Chris Appleton was behind Olivia’s beachy waves, which included adding tons of texture to her naturally fine, straight hair. Working with Matrix, Chris shared his whole step-by-step for recreating the look, below.
1) Chris started by applying the Matrix StyleLink Mineral Rough Me Up Salt Infused Spray throughout Olivia’s hair while it was still wet. “I love this product because it keeps the hair in place, but leaves the hair looking perfectly undone,” Chris says.
2) Chris then blow dried Olivia’s hair, having her flip her head upside down and concentrating the nozzle at her roots for added volume.
3) Once her hair was completely dry, Chris prepped it for styling by applying Matrix StyleLink Mineral Airy Builder Mousse through her hair and backcombing it at the roots for more volume.
4) Next, Chris began curling Olivia’s hair, using a 2-inch curling iron at the roots and switching to a 3-inch curling iron at the ends of her hair to get a natural, textured look. To add more grip to her hair, he also sprayed each section with Matrix StyleLink Mineral Playback Dry Shampoo before curling.
5) To finish the look, Chris mixed the Matrix StyleLink Mineral Booster and Dry Shampoo in his hands and ran them through her hair for more hold and texture.
To complement her beachy waves, Olivia kept her makeup simple, with a light base that let her freckles peek through. Matching her lips to her cheeks, Olivia wore a soft pink blush and natural pink lip. To complete her look, Olivia added just a hint of mascara to slightly define her eyes without taking the attention away from her glowing skin.
What did you think of Olivia’s latest look, HollywoodLifers?