Hamilton made an appearance at the 2016 BET Awards! Not THAT Hamilton, Anthony Hamilton, and he was AMAZING! For more info on this R&B artist read on!
The 2016 BET Awards opened with “a gentle arrangement of 2016’s hottest tracks in the style of Hamilton,” with a group singing The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face,” Rihanna’s “Sex With Me,” and… an appearance from HAMILTON! Anthony Hamilton that is. Who is that? Find out here!
Anthony, 44, is the R&B artist who stole the beginning of the 2016 BET Awards that’s who! Though Anthony is no stranger to the BET Awards, he may not be as well known to the younger generation. But he should be! Here are 5 things you NEED to know about Anthony right now.
1) Anthony crushed last year’s BET Awards with a mashup of classic songs: Percy Sledge‘s 1966 classic “When A Man Loves A Woman,” Ben E. King‘s crowd-pleaser, 1961’s, “Stand By Me,” and the late B.B. King‘s 1951 hit, “The Thrill Is Gone.” You certainly have to be a skilled vocalist to pull that medley off! We cannot be more stunned with the set of pipes on this icon who is able to belt out a trio of classics.
2) On Feb. 24, 2016, Anthony performed at the last “In Performance at the White House” hosted by President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama as part of a tribute to iconic singer Ray Charles. That’s right, Obama asked him to be there to salute the late great Ray Charles, alongside Yolanda Adams, Leon Bridges, Andra Day, Brittany Howard, Demi Lovato, Sam Moore, Jussie Smollett, The Band Perry and Usher.
3) Anthony is best known for his song “Freedom” from the soundtrack of Django Unchained, with Elayna Boynton. Ya, so not only is he respected by the OBAMAS, but director Quentin Tarantino thought he could make his epic film about the struggle against slavery even more freedom-filled. Wow.
4) He has been nominated for 16 Grammy awards! Sixteen. One. More. Time. SIXTEEN.
5) On April 21 Anthony set out on a nationwide tour with Fantasia Barrino. Well that team up is sure to be amazing! You’ll have to get in line behind us for a pair of tickets to that show.
So HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Anthony now?