Not only was Muhammad Ali a great boxer…but he had people captivated each and every time he spoke. The late fighter made tons of memorable statements throughout his amazing career — check out our 10 fave quotes from him right here!
As we continue to mourn the loss of Muhammad Ali, we can’t help but remember the way he had with words! The way the boxer was able to articulate his feelings about life, sports and more was absolutely iconic, and we’ve rounded up some of his best sayings right here.
[hl_amazon_single url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631680498/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1631680498&linkCode=as2&tag=hollywoocom-20&linkId=58da6df961625e36f3f278e35857add7″ header=”READ” title=”The Greatest: My Own Story”]
We are still completely devastated over the news that Muhammad died in an Arizona hospital on June 3. The news came just one day after the 74-year-old was admitted to the medical center for a respiratory infection, and quickly, his health deteriorated.
Along with his numerous boxing titles and iconic wins in the ring, Muhammad also knew how to really speak to the public in a way that will always be remembered and admired. From his trash talking to his inspiring words, check out some of his best quotes here:
1. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see.”
2. “I’ve wrestled with alligators. I’ve tussled with a whale. I done handcuffed lighting. And throw thunder in jail.”
3.”Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
4. “I am the greatest. I said that before I even knew I was.”
5. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
6. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
7. “I’m gonna fight for the prestige, not for me, but to uplift my little brothers who are sleeping on concrete floors today in America. Black people who are living on welfare, black people who can’t eat, black people who don’t know no knowledge of themselves, black people who don’t have no future.”
8. “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”
9. “It’s not bragging if you can back it up.”
10. “Live every day as if it were your last, because someday you’re going to be right.”
Which Muhammad Ali quote is YOUR favorite, HollywoodLifers?.