Oh my god, Troye Sivan totally took over the Billboard Music Awards on May 22, shocking the audience with his gorgeous voice and hilarious dance moves! But where the heck did this adorable newcomer come from? Here are 5 fun facts to introduce you to this awesome YouTuber!
Go #TeamInternet! Adorable YouTuber Troye Sivan, 20, totally took the Billboard Music Awards by storm on May 22 when he performed his awesome song “Youth”. He definitely got everyone talking, but if you’re not a big YouTube fan, you may not know much about the talented singer. Here are 5 things to know about him!
[hl_amazon_single url=”http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Neighbourhood-Deluxe-Troye-Sivan/dp/B016NGSGGY?ie=UTF8&creativeASIN=B016NGSGGY&linkCode=w00&linkId=YLZXVLI46HBVSKD5&ref_=as_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til&tag=hollywoocom-20″ header=”LISTEN” title=”Blue Neighbourhood”]
1. He’s a superstar on YouTube. We promise, he’s a HUGE deal. Troye has over 4 million subscribers on his channel, which includes his vlogging videos which let fans into his daily life, his popular mashups and his original music. What can’t this kid do?! You can stream Troye’s music on Amazon — sign up for a FREE 30 day trial, HERE!
2. He’s not just a singer. You may have first seen him performing on stage at the Billboard Music Awards, and we told you he’s a YouTuber, but he does so much more! He’s been in plays, short films, and even had a role in X-Men Origins: Wolverine!
3. He’s an international dream boat. Troye was born in South Africa, and now lives in Perth, Australia. However, he performs his hits all over the world, and often visits Los Angeles to act!
4. The BBMA’s weren’t his TV debut. Troye has been all over late night, performing on both The Tonight Show and The Late Late Show, and he was even a musical guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show!
5. His best buddy is another huge web star. Troye is best friends with Tyler Oakley, another MAJOR YouTuber (you should really know his name.) The duo have done tons of videos together, but the most popular was “The Boyfriend Tag, for which they won a Teen Choice Award.
HollywoodLifers – how much did you love Troye’s Billboard Music Awards performance? Share your thoughts with us!