We all know one thing: ‘Star Wars’ family is usually really, really good at keeping secrets. None of us know anything about ‘The Force Awakens’ — but for ‘Rogue One,’ it may not be the same situation.
Stealing the Death Star? It may just happen. A German Star Wars fan site posted preview pages for a companion book that’s allegedly tied to the movie — and it reveals a lot about the characters in the film that we had no idea about, plus what kind of technology we can expect (yes, a new CGI character). So yes, there are spoilers ahead — and they may or may not reveal a lot.
First thing’s first — and again, these are all based on these alleged spoilers.
– The leaked image reveals that Darth Vader will show up this time around, and it will take place between the prequel trilogy and A New Hope — so it’ll be 3.5, basically.
– The troopers in head-to-toe black you saw in the trailer are called “Death Troopers,” which is basically terrifying.
– A new Rebel ship is introduced, called the “Rebel Starfighter;” they are “versatile Rebel Alliance crafts that balance speed with the firepower of proton torpedo launchers.” And there’s a new spacecraft called a “TIE Striker;” its are wings cut in half and we know they’re “advanced high-speed.” Yikes.
Now for the characters:
– Ben Mendelsohn will be playing Director Krennic, the “Director of the Imperial Military.” I’m pretty sure this is his debut in the universe.
– Felicity Jones‘ Jyn Erso will be “a highly skilled soldier,” which we didn’t know — does this mean she will become a soldier during the movie or was she a soldier before the Rebellion? The questions are still there.
– Diego Luna will play Captain Cassian Andor, “a Rebel Alliance officer.
– Jiang Wen will be playing Baze, a “freelance assassin” who joins the Rebels
– Alan Tudyk will be playing K-250, an “enforcer droid” or “security droid” built by the Empire — who also joins the Rebels.
– Riz Ahmed will be playing Bodhi, a “Rebel soldier.”
– Donnie Yen will be playing Chirrut, a “spiritual warrior.”
Alright guys, what do you think about all of these spoilers? Are you ready for Rogue One? Let us know!