Kim Kardashian has outdone herself! She was absolutely stunning at the 2016 Met Gala and we can’t get enough of her dazzling beauty look. Read on for the step by step how-to from her hair stylist!
Kim Kardashian, 35, is always one of the best dressed stars at the benefit for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute in New York City. Tonight, May 2, Kim was also one of the best tressed! Get the details of her hair and makeup look at the event, themed “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology”, right here.
Kim really brought it tonight in a stunning silver gown, which warranted equally dramatic makeup in the form of a flawless smokey eye (we love the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette for a similar look). Kim wore her dark hair loose, texturized and combed back (try Wen Spring Honey Lilac Treatment Oil for a healthy sheen like Kim’s), allowing her makeup to take center stage. Finally, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star accessorized with a gorgeous diamond ear climber, managing to stay on trend while playing to the fashion-techno theme! This is why Kim is a style icon, folks.
MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez is responsible for Kim’s look. “The Balmain dress was so major on its own we opted to keep her hair Sexy and Fresh,” Cesar said. “I just wanted the hair to look wet and completely undone. The look may be very simple, but it actually takes a lot of steps to achieve. I even had to flex my colorist skills since I had to bleach and dye Kim’s brows.” Wow! Here’s his exact how-to:
1. On freshly washed hair I began prepping with Mizani 25 Miracle Milk; it’s extremely moisturizing and will protect the hair from every other layer of product.
2. Next, I parted out an inch around her hair line and using Mizani Edge Taming Gel I brushed and hair while pinning everything back.
3. I sprayed the hair from roots to ends with Mizani HRM to hold in place.
4. Then, I brushed the hairline I initially left out to cover the rest of the hair and hide my pins.
5. I then used my blowdryer on a low setting to heat and set everything in place.
6. To finish I sprayed with Mizani Hi-Def Shyne Spray giving everything a super shiny wet look.
We can’t decide if Kim’s look is better this year, or last year. In case you forgot, she looked like a queen in a super sexy nude and white backless embellished Roberto Cavalli gown! She styled her hair a little more severe than this time around, opting to wear it sleek and pulled back in a ponytail, with shimmering, neutral eye makeup and a nude lip. It’s hard to top a classic look like that, but Kim managed to give herself a run for her money this year with this slightly sexier version of her tried and true dark eye/light lip look! Check out this amazing book for more Met Gala looks.
HollywoodLifers, was Kim’s beauty look your favorite of the evening? Tell us what you think!