Oh, no. A new report claims that Prince may have overdosed on Percocet in the days before his untimely death.
Prince, 57, allegedly overdosed on Friday, April 15, just six days before he was found dead inside his Minnesota home. Now, a report reveals the exact opiate drug that Prince may have taken too much of, forcing EMT’s to administer a “save shot” after his plane made an emergency landing in Illinois.
[hl_amazon_single url=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005M989/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00005M989&linkCode=as2&tag=hollywoocom-20&linkId=4GNBEK3RVUEPRLYC” data-hl-krux=“ENT” header=”LISTEN” title=”The Very Best Of Prince”]
This is a devastating development in the news surrounding Prince’s sudden and tragic death. The singer allegedly ingested far too many painkillers on his flight home on Friday, April 15, which led his emergency landing in Illinois, reports TMZ. The painkiller that left Prince unconscious in the airport? Percocet, according to the report.
Prince was allegedly taking the highly addictive painkiller to help with a hip problem, as he reportedly had surgery on his hips in 2010. Unfortunately, the painkiller allegedly left him unconscious when his plane made the emergency landing, forcing EMT’s to deliver a “save shot” to bring him back to life. He was later rushed to the hospital and then released just three hours later.
HollywoodLife.com has reached out to Prince’s reps for comment on this shocking report. Please stay tuned for updates on Prince’s death, as well as any and all information about his upcoming autopsy to determine his actual cause of death.
Our thoughts remain with Prince’s family and friends during this very difficult time. In the meantime, take a moment to stream Prince’s music by clicking HERE.