We still can’t believe Prince is gone. He was such a huge icon in the music industry, and over the course of his 40-year career, he had a lot of amazing moments. In honor of his life, we’ve put together a list of our favorites. See them here!
Purple Rain, 2007’s Super Bowl Halftime Show, an amazing performance with Beyonce at the 2004 Grammy Awards, and more — there was never a Prince moment or production we didn’t love. And over the course of his 40-year career, the iconic artist provided his fans with so many epic memories that we’ll never forget. See the best ones here!
[hl_amazon_single url=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005M989/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00005M989&linkCode=as2&tag=hollywoocom-20&linkId=4GNBEK3RVUEPRLYC” data-hl-krux=“ENT” header=”LISTEN” title=”The Very Best Of Prince”]
We were heartbroken to learn that Prince passed away on Thursday, April 21, and in an effort to honor his amazing life, we put together a list of his career highlights. See them below.
1. In 1982, Prince released 1999 — the album that arguably made him a huge star.
2. In 1984, Prince released the Purple Rain album AND movie. The film was a huge success, grossing $80 million. And the album spent 24 weeks at the top of the Billboard charts, making him one of the biggest stars of the decade.
3. In 1993, Prince changed his name to a symbol. From that point forward, people started referring to him as “The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.” However, in 2000 he changed his name back to Prince.
4. In 2004, he opened the Grammy Awards with an epic performance with Beyonce. And then, just a few weeks later, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
5. In 2007, he played one of the best Super Bowl Halftime shows EVER.
Now matter how you remember Prince, he will always be known as an artist who pushed boundaries and redefined the music industry. He will sorely be missed.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Prince’s family, friends, and fans during this difficult time.