The weather outside is getting nicer and the summer season is right around the corner – which calls for the best summer looks! We are stoked to see the undone waves making more of an appearance amongst the stars on the red carpet. Find out how to recreate this style below!
Some of the best glam looks are the ones that look the most effortless. Who has time to fuss with their hair during the spring/summer season anyway? We are loving the soft glam waves that more and more stars are sporting on the red carpet! Katie Holmes, 37, rocked this undone look for the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival recently, and it’s been a longtime favorite among other beauty savvy celebs like Kim Kardashian, 35.
The first thought that came to mind when we laid eyes on Katie’s effortless waves – is she channeling her inner Kim K? We all know Kim is a big fan of loose, shiny waves and it’s one of her most iconic looks. We totally get why – it’s so easy and chic! Not only can it dress up any outfit, but it can also work for a casual stroll out in town!
Although the last thing anyone wants to do is spend hours doing their hair, your outfit will not feel complete without a chic ‘do. We totally get it – the sun’s out and you want to enjoy the day out so let’s make this as easy as possible!
The key to tousled waves is that you don’t have to do too much. Here’s the step-by-step guide from Katie’s hairstylist, DJ Quintero:
1. Prep damp hair by liberally applying the Alterna Haircare Caviar Volume Miracle Multiplying Mist from root to tip. Let sit for a few minutes.
2. Create a center part using your hands or a small comb.
3. Rough dry your hair using a blow dryer on high heat.
4. Create loose waves by wrapping sections of your hair around a 1 ½ inch flat iron.
5. Run a blow dryer quickly through your hair again to boost volume.
6. Liberally spray Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Texture Finishing Spray to create texture and light hold.
7. Add shine to your finished style by spraying a small amount of Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist to the ends.
Super simple! If you want something a little bit more defined, like Kim’s look, we recommend using a thicker curling iron barrel – this will give the illusion that you just spent the day on the beach and your hair is sun kissed! Curling your hair in alternating direction will also give it a more relaxed look. Whether you have long tresses or a shorter ‘do, you can’t go wrong with messy, tousled waves!
Will you be trying out this look soon HollywoodLifers? Let us know down below!