Aww! The loss of Doris Roberts on April 17 was so devastating because we felt like she was family. After watching her on ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ for 9 years as Marie Barone, we can’t help but feel like we know her! To honor her memory, here are her 5 best moments on the show.
Doris Roberts has been in hundreds of movies, plays, and TV shows, but we will always remember her first and foremost for being Ray Romano’s mother Marie Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond. Sadly, she passed away on April 17, but we wanted to honor her memory by putting together five of her best moments on the show. Check them out here.
1. The b*tch slap. Who could forget the time that Debra was complaining about Ray saying she had PMS, and it got Marie so worked up that she lost it and smacked him right across the face! Pure gold.
2. The fighting in-laws. Remember when Debra’s parents came to visit and Marie wanted to prove that she and Frank were the “real” grandparents while they were just the “Connecticut” grandparents? Totally hilarious.
3. Marie and Frank pretend to be Debra and Ray. We couldn’t stop laughing that time when Marie and Frank did a skit pretending to be Deb and Ray. The couple was thoroughly offended, but we thought it was spot-on.
4. Marie shows Joanne who’s boss. Omg! when Joanna called Marie the b-word our hearts basically stopped! We couldn’t have loved it any more when Marie when berserk and unleashed her fury on Joanne.
5. Marie makes a giant vagina statue. Classic! Marie wanted to donate one of her sculptures to the Church raffle and they refused to take it because it looked like a giant woman’s crotch. Too funny!
HollywoodLifers – what was your favorite Everybody Loves Raymond moment featuring Doris? Share your thoughts with us!