The judge has ruled and it is NOT in Madonna’s favor. Lawyers for the singer and her ex Guy Ritchie, duked it out in court over their son Rocco’s custody agreement on March 2. A decision has been made — the boy can remain with his dad in London.
The former couple, who divorced in 2008, reportedly got chewed out by the judge, according to TMZ. During the hearing, Rocco’s attorney reportedly said the entire situation is having a negative effect on their son, but the judge says the real problem is the “inability of the parents to come up with a solution.” The judge also reportedly stated that Rocco should not be moved out of his school in London. So, it seems as though the judge isn’t forcing the 15-year-old to pack his bags and move back to the Big Apple with Madonna — for now.
Alongside Rocco, they also have an adopted son, David Banda, aged 10, who seems to be okay with his living situation. Madonna also has two other children, Lourdes Leon, 19, and Mercy James, 10, who she adopted from Malawi. Madonna had been trying for months to bring Rocco back to the United States after he left during her Rebel Heart tour to go live with his dad and stepmom, Jacqui Ritchie, in London, but it looks like she will have to try harder.