Before she returns to ‘Dancing With The Stars’ this season, Erin Andrews is making one thing perfectly clear: There will be no discussing her peeping Tom court case! HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that the cast and crew are being warned not to bring up Erin’s emotional $75 million lawsuit…or else!
After suffering through the emotionally draining task of testifying in open court about the peeping Tom incident that caused a secretly recorded nude video of her to be circulated across the web, the last thing Erin Andrews, 37, wants to do is discuss the agonizing lawsuit in public. Thankfully, that’s one thing she won’t have to worry about when she returns to host Season 22 of Dancing With The Stars later this month as HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that the show’s cast and crew have been forbidden from talking about the case — and this time, their jobs depend on it!
“Upon return to Dancing With The Stars this season, the cast and crew will be told not to bring up the situation that Erin Andrews is going through in court,” an insider revealed to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “It could be a fireable offense. They are taking her privacy and emotional state seriously and don’t want her to deal with it while at work.”
As previously reported, Erin is currently going through hell right now as she continues to fight in court for $75 million in damages in a civil lawsuit against Michael David Barrett, the man who secretly record her undressing in a hotel room at the Nashville Marriott back in 2008. While Michael has already served time in prison for the disgusting crime, Erin is currently suing him, as well as the Nashville Marriott for giving him her room information and allowing him to get access to her.
While the case has been painstaking from the start, Erin suffered through what was perhaps her most difficult day in court yet on Feb. 29, when she was forced to take to the stand and openly testify about the moment she found out from a friend that there was naked video of her making its way around the Internet. “She said, ‘there’s naked video of you on the internet’ and I said ‘no there’s not, I don’t do that. What are you talking about?” the ESPN sports reporter told the court while sobbing. “I grabbed my lap top and flipped it open. I saw it for like two seconds and I shut it down and I was like ‘oh my God I’ve got to call you back’ and I called my parents.”
“I was just screaming I was naked all over the internet and I didn’t know what it was, and my dad said he thought I’d been in a car accident, asking ‘why are you screaming?’ and I said ‘Dad, I’m naked all over the internet and I don’t know what it is.” she revealed dramatically. Her father Steve Andrews has already testified that the experience left the Dancing With the Stars host “terrified,” “depressed” and a “shell of her former self.”
If the whole situation wasn’t disgusting enough already, it was revealed just a day later that Neal Peskind, an executive with the hotel’s parent company, was reportedly caught showing off the nude video and complaining about how much it was costing him while out to dinner with friends. “He said it was costing him millions so he was going to show it to everyone,” a bartender at the Margot Cafe and Bar in Nashville confirmed to several local TV stations. “His friends were making fun of her and her body. We had to ask him to stop. It was disgusting and horrifying.” While the woman declined to go on camera, she posted on her account, “I saw something I thought was wrong. I said something because I thought it was the right thing. I’m not planning on commenting further right now.” Absolutely disgusting.
HollywoodLifers, are you excited to see Erin return to Dancing With The Stars later this month? Do you think her ongoing court case will affect her appearance on the show? Sound off below!