Chrissy Teigen can do no wrong when it comes to red carpet looks. The model went for a daring updo and we are obsessed with it! Her hairstylist, Christian Wood shared a snap of beautiful do and we are in love with it!
Chrissy Teigen is absolutely glowing! The model walked the carpet with her hubby, John Legend, in a beautiful beaded Marchessa gown but we were in love with her hair and makeup. Her hair was swept up into a gorgeous ethereal updo and the back is simply stunning. Her hair was pulled back with multiple braids all combined into one and her soft makeup compliment her look perfectly.
Chrissy’s hair stylist, Christian Wood posted a pic of his magical creation with this caption: “#BTS with the beautiful#ChrissyTeigen for todays #Oscars using@tresemme#BeautyFullVolumeHairSpray#academyawards #reverseyourroutine💋💋 #Braids.” Christan was able to create the beautiful look with the help of Tresemme products, so you can do it too! He shared a behind the scenes photo of the hairspray, mouse, hair gel and volumizer her used: “#BTS re packing my kit for today’s #Oscars getting a little extra#volume from @tresemme FYI they also have my favorite #HairGel for super sleek looks 😍#BeautyFullVolumeHairSpray.”
How To Get Chrissy’s Hair — Step By Step
Christian gave us the six steps that will help you achieve this look!
1. Prep hair with the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system, applying the Pre-Wash Conditioner, followed by the Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to get a great base.
2. Apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse throughout the lengths of the hair, leaving the ends out, then apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer to the ends for a soft, voluminous texture.
3. Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth with the Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer for volume at the roots. PRO TIP: It’s important to use a powerful dryer when blow drying the hair to help cut the drying time in half. The Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer uses 70% more air pressure, allowing for much faster drying time.
4. Next, take the hair at the crown and pin it away. Take two one-inch sections on both sides of the ears and braid all the way down, while using the fingertips to rub the hair and create texture.
Release the hair at the crown and begin to braid down the middle and combined the 5 braids in one hand and secure with an elastic. Using a handful of bobby pins, secure braids for extra hold.
5. Take the lengths of the hair and create a larger braid and secure with an elastic, leaving out the ends at the bottom.
6. To complete the look, pull out loose pieces around the face for beautiful, airy volume. Rub the braids with fingertips to create a soft texture and spray the finished look with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray, for a hold that lasts all night but isn’t stiff or crunchy.
Now let’s talk about her makeup! Chrissy’s makeup is always on point but she definitely has that mommy glow. Celebrity makeup artist, Mary Phillips did her makeup and used LORAC Cosmetics! She shared the makeup she used for her over 300K Instagram followers and we can’t wait to rush out and buy it all! “When doing Chrissy’s makeup, I took into consideration the gorgeous Marchesa burgundy floral gown with the sheer and golden portions that were woven through,” Mary said. “It was very romantic and ethereal, but overall – completely stunning. She’s very genuine as well in herself–what you see is what you get. That’s one of the things (of many) that I love about her, so what I want to do with her makeup is just go off of that. That’s what I tried to convey with this look: just sexy, real, confident and making a large emphasis on keeping the skin as dewy and glowy as possible–even though she already has that naturally.”
Here’s some of the products we know Mary used on Chrissy: LORAC SHEER POREfection Foundation, LORAC Color Source Buildable Blush in Tinge and in Vivid and LORAC PRO Matte Lip Color in Nude and in Rose Brown.
[hl_tribune_embed id=22bf6fc3-5209-495a-80aa-7d5e90799ce6 ]
We have to admit our fave part of Chrissy look has to be her pregnant belly! Chrissy posted an adorable pic to her Instagram of herself getting ready and the seamstresses were still sewing her dress onto her. She captioned the adorable pic with simply: “#Oscars belly.”
A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of Chrissy’s beauty look at the 2016 Oscars? Sound off below!