Celebrity Chef Travis London is giving HollywoodLife.com his tips and tricks for hosting the perfect Oscar viewing party complete with an exclusive cocktail recipe just for you!
It all starts with the invites, says celebrity chef Travis London. He tells HollywoodLife.com that you still have time to send out fun e-vites for your viewing party in the form of a ballot. It could say “And the winner is …you! You’ve been chosen to attend…” This is just one of many exclusive tips that Travis has for you!
1. Is that Angelina? To really get everyone into the spirit of the award show ask your guest to come dressed as their favorite nominee. This will defiantly bring the fun factor to your party as everyone is a bit more fun when in character, you could even ask them to be a character from one of the nominated movies. And make sure to photograph each ‘star’ as they enter (as memories are meant to be tagged and shared on Instagram), this is there moment. You could also award the best dressed at the end of the night and they can stand and give an acceptance speech. Who says you need an Oscar to feel like Gwyneth Paltrow for a night!
2. Lights! Camera! Action! It’s not the Oscars without the red carpet. Set up a small area in your house to give your guest the red carpet treatment. To do this, simply head to your local arts and crafts store and pick up some inexpensive red fabric. Place the fabric on a small area in your house against a wall backdrop. Then have guest pose for pictures as they arrive. Not only will your guest feel like they’re walking the red carpet right alongside the stars. This will also create fun moments and memories that can later be shared on Instagram and Facebook.
3. What awards show would be complete without the ballots? And the same goes for a viewing party! Create voting ballots to pass out to your guest based off each category and nominee to allow your friends to vote for who they believe will win. You can also play a fun game of Oscar triva with categories like ‘who hosted the most Oscar shows,’ ‘what film won the most Oscars,’ ‘how many times did Jennifer Lawrence trip’, etc. Another fun addition is to create your own Oscar voting ballots and have your friends vote for who was the best dressed out of your guest, the most entertaining etc. This will create a fun game for everyone to get involved in and enlist in some competitive spirit. You can finish the night by awarding the person who had the most right and the winners of the ballot with mini gold Oscars that you can pick up from your local party store, and the winner is…
4. It’s all about the gift bags! Create a mini swag bag filled with goodies for your guest to go home with. There is no need to spend lots of money on this, it can be as simple as a dvd from a nominated movie, mini bags of gourmet popcorn, a gold Oscar statue, and a cheap bottle of champagne. You can be as creative as you want with the bag and what you fill it with. Another idea is after your guest have left you can print out all your favorite pictures from the night and create a fun tabloid inspired scrapbook and give one to each guest to remember the night.
5. Create a signature cocktail for the night like my, Royal Sidecar. A signature cocktail can be made in patches allowing guest to pour at their leisure and the atmosphere to keep flowing. As for the food keep it all in small bites, which will allow your guest to eat and still mingle Think mini pizzas (named after your favorite actors like the Bradley Cooper), popcorn served in gold foil cones, lobster bites etc. You can even glam up your bites by topping them with a star-studded skewer. To do this simply take mini paper stars and glue a toothpick on the back of each.
The Royal Sidecar:
1 oz. Remy Martin 1738® Accord Royal
1 oz. Cointreau®
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled shaker. Shake and Strain. Garnish with a twist of lemon
HollywoodLifers, are you throwing or attending your own Oscars viewing party? Sound off below!