Not a ‘Full House’ fan, but still want to check out ‘Fuller House’ when it hits Netflix, since you know everyone will be talking about it? No worries, this quick refresher is all you’ll need.
Not everyone was Team Steve; not everyone remembers “Forever” as the perfect wedding song; and not everyone (though I assume most) knows who said “how rude!” and who said “you got it dude!” Luckily, we have everything you need to know before Fuller House hits Netflix.
1. In the original series, Danny Tanner (Bob Saget)’s wife passes away, so her brother Jesse (John Stamos) and Danny’s BFF Joey (Dave Couiler) moved in to help him with his three girls — DJ (Candace Cameron-Bure), Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin), and Michelle (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen).
2. Danny dated around during the season, but had a hard time doing that, with three young girls. He did have one steady girlfriend who he almost married, Vicky. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out.
3. Uncle Jesse met Becky (Lori Loughlin), when she was a cohost with Danny. They later married during season four of the show — and he sang his song, “Forever” to her at their wedding. Yes, he was in a band, “Jesse and the Rippers.”
4. Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber) is DJ’s best friend and lived next door to the Tanner’s house — we never met her family, but she spent most of her time at DJ’s house. She’s quirky and a little annoying, but totally has DJ’s back forever. Soni Nicole Bringas will play Kimmy’s daughter, Ramona, in the new show (who moves in with her mom).
5. DJ dated many different boys through high school, but the main one that kept coming back was Steve (Scott Weinger). He was always eating the Tanner’s food, and while they were on and off through the season, he did come back in the finale and took DJ to prom.
6. The last time we saw the gang was on the finale, which aired on May 23, 1995. It was a two-part episode where Michelle fell off her horse and temporarily lost her memory. Luckily, she later found it (this episode featured both Mary-Kate and Ashley for one scene), and united with the family, who she now recognized. It was also DJ’s prom episode, and Stephanie’s big kiss with a boy named Andrew. Ultimately, it brought the whole family together and tied everything up with a bow. MK & A will be the only stars of the original to not join the reboot.
All caught up now? All 13 episodes of Fuller House hit Netflix on Friday, Feb. 26; this time, it’s DJ who is a widow with three boys and her sister and best friend move in to help raise them — Michael Campion will play the oldest, Jackson; Elias Harger will play the middle child, Max; and twins Dashiell and Fox Messitt play Tommy Jr.