Woohoo! Victoria’s Secret just added a new angel to its roster and she’s so incredibly sexy. Josephine Skriver has worked with the brand for several years and walked in the 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, but now, she’s an official angel! And there’s so much more to her than meets the eye.
Gather ’round, ya’ll, because there’s a new angel in town. That’s right. Victoria’s Secret has just named Josephine Skriver, 22, as their newest angel, the company announced in a press release on Feb. 19. She’s gorgeous, so we’re not totally surprised. But we did recently learn some interesting facts about her that you should also know about.
Below, you’ll find a list of things you should know about Josephine:
1. “Josephine Skriver was first approached in her teenage years about modeling while visiting New York City. The encounter piqued her interest and Josephine began her modeling career in Denmark before entering the international market,” the press release from Victoria’s Secret states.
2. Josephine made her New York Fashion Week debut in February 2011, when she walked for designers like Calvin Klein and Rag & Bone.
3. Josephine is an advocate for global LGBTQ rights, having been raised by a lesbian mother and gay father.
4. She’s a product of IVF. “When people look at me and know that I’m an IVF kid, I hope they see a person, I hope to see a human being just like anyone else,” she told i-D magazine. “You get so many, like, ‘She’s not made the natural way, she shouldn’t even be here.’ But I’m not a science experiment.”
5. She has a boyfriend. Sorry, guys. She’s actually dating the frontman of The Cab, Alexander DeLeon.
“Josephine Skriver is a stunning young woman and a delightful person. She is so special and we are enormously happy to welcome her to the most exclusive club in the history of modeling, The Victoria’s Secret Angels.” – Ed Razek, who is the chief marketing officer for Victoria’s Secret, said in the press release sent to HollywoodLife.com.
A post shared by Josephine Skriver (@josephineskriver) on
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you excited Josephine is now an official angel? Tell us below!