We still can’t believe Katie May is dead. The self-proclaimed ‘Queen of Snapchat’ was a beacon of light in a world that’s much too dark sometimes. So in an effort to celebrate her beautiful life, we put together a list of things you should know about Katie. See it here!
If you were a fan of Katie May, 34, then you know she was a gorgeous model who never took a bad photo. But the self-proclaimed “Queen of Snapchat,” who tragically died on Feb. 4 after suffering a stroke a few days earlier, was so much more than just a model. To find out more about Katie, keep reading!
1. Katie grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. During an interview with The Guy Society in Nov. 2015, she said, “It’s a great place to grow up. Everybody who’s from there is very proud to be from there. They love their sports teams. My parents are both teachers so I come from a good, solid family. I just always knew I wanted to leave. Leaving Pittsburgh was always in the game plan. Yeah, I mean Pittsburgh is a great city. I love it and I couldn’t have more great things to say about it. I just wanted more excitement. I wanted to be in entertainment also so that’s what brought me to L.A.”
2. Katie was a publicist before she became a model. “I was actually on the other side of the camera for quite a while. I was a publicist. I worked in fashion and entertainment PR primarily for a big fashion house based in Italy. I was always hosting on the red carpet though and working with talent. About a year ago I decided to make the switch over to modeling and hosting and it just kind of took off like crazy. I started with 1000 followers about a year ago and by the time this article hits I should be at 1 million,” she told The Guy Society.
3. Katie was a single mom. Her daughter is 7 years old, and Katie always wanted to make sure she was well taken care of. “I have a daughter who is seven years old and it was really all about taking care of her and making sure she can go to private school. Now she’s a little bit older so I can [model] and make more money than I ever did as an executive,” she said.
4. She was an exhibitionist at heart. During her interview, she said, “My snaps are sexy and I’ll push the envelope from time to time because I’m just kind of an exhibitionist at heart but it’s always done tastefully. There’s no full nudity. My Tumblr has nudity but I keep my Snapchat PG-13 for the most part if the occasional see-through bra is considered PG-13 (Laughs).”
5. Katie was looking forward to getting married and having more kids in the future. She said, “I guess [I would like to get married], but as far as more kids go I’d like to wait awhile because of my career.”
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Katie died on Thursday, Feb. 4, as a result of the catastrophic stroke she suffered on Feb. 1.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Katie’s friends and family during this difficult time.