Super Bowl 2016 is almost here and we have 10 cocktails that are sure to take your party to the next level! Whether you’re looking for something sweet, strong, or a good ole classic, we’ve got you covered! Plus, you can shop for all of the ingredients below!
The Super Bowl means two things: great commercials and yummy drinks. But if you’re tired of having beer with the boys, try one of these festive cocktails that you can easily whip up!
THE EFFEN® VODKA BEAST
1. Shake and strain all ingredients over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
2. Garnish with brandied cherries.
THE EFFEN® VODKA TIKI TOUCHDOWN
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice and mix well.
2. Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with pineapple wedge and cherry.
SERPENT’S BITE Mile High Cider
1 cup SERPENT’S BITE Whisky
2 teaspoons whole cloves
2 quarts apple cider
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon allspice
Pinch grated nutmeg
Stud the apple with the cloves. In a medium crock pot, combine the studded apple and remaining ingredients except the SERPENT’S BITE Whisky. Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the SERPENT’S BITE. Discard the apple. Ladle into mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick and apple slice as desired. Serve immediately.
SVEDKA Vodka’s Blue Panther
2 parts SVEDKA Strawberry Lemonade
½ part Blue Curaçao
½ part Fresh Pineapple Juice
½ part Fresh Lemon Juice
Pour ingredients into a blender, adding ½ cup crushed ice last, and blend at high speed. Pour into a Hurricane/Pilsner glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
ONEHOPE Wine’s Bronco Bucker
4 cups apple cider
1 (750 ml) ONEHOPE Cabernet
1/4 cup honey
1 orange zested and juiced
10 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
2 oranges peeled for garnish
Combine the cider, wine, honey, orange juice, zest, 2 cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise in a large crock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs and garnish with orange peels and cinnamon sticks.
· 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
· 3 parts diet tonic water
· Lime for garnish
Preparation: Pour all ingredients over ice. Garnish with lime.
Preparation: Shake all ingredients with ice, pour into a glass and garnish with a lime slice.
Blood Orange Bronco
Yield: 1 large cocktail
3/4 cup (6 oz) Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Grigio
1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
1 oz Campari
1 oz simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water ratio)
1-1/2 oz soda water
Blood orange wheels, for garnish
1. Fill a large glass or mason jar with ice
2. Add in all of the measured ingredients, except for the soda water
3. Stir the ingredients with a bar spoon
4. Once incorporated, finish with a splash of soda water
5. Garnish with wheels of freshly sliced blood oranges
Carolina Blue Julep
Yield: 1 Mint Julep
1. To make mint ice cubes, tear up about 8 mint leaves and freeze with water the night before.
2. Muddle six mint leaves, powdered sugar and seltzer water in a glass or cocktail shaker.
3. Add Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and shake or stir lightly to mix.
4. Add ice cubes to your serving glass, pour drink over the ice and garnish with the remaining mint.
*Entertaining Tip: For a Carolina Panther’s inspired cocktail, muddle a 1/4 cup of blueberries with your mint leave mix
Best Damn Root Beer Float
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1 bottle of Best Damn Root Beer
Directions: Put two heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream into your favorite beer mug and top with a bottle of Best Damn Root Beer. Insert your best damn straw and enjoy!
HollywoodLifers, which cocktail will you be trying? Sound off below!