Food lovers, rejoice! The McDonald’s gods just blessed planet Earth with a sweet and salty new treat that we didn’t know we needed until it was announced on Jan. 19: chocolate covered french fries! Here’s 5 things to know about the surprising new snack.
Brace yourself guys, because chocolate covered french fries are coming! McDonald’s had the brilliant idea of drizzling sweet syrup over the salty snack, and announced their new concoction on Jan. 19. Here’s 5 things you need to know about the mouthwatering new dessert.
McDonald’s blew our minds on Jan. 19 by announcing that they were going to start drizzling one of our favorite snacks with chocolate. That’s right, people who dip their fries into their milkshake, the french fry gods have answered your prayers with a new sweet n’ salty treat – chocolate covered french fries! Here’s everything you need to know before they hit the drive thru line. You can pick up McDonald’s merch HERE.
1. They have a really funny name. While “chocolate covered fries” would work just fine for us as a name, McDonald’s has something a little more creative up their sleeve. The new treat is officially called “McChoco Potatoes.”
2. They’re only going to be available in Japan. So sorry to burst your bubble, Americans, but a creation like this could only come out of the shocking-food-combo capital of the world, Japan. They also created the Shaka Shaka Potato fries that were drizzled with cheese and bacon.
3. They’re going to feature not one, but TWO kinds of chocolate. That’s right! McDonald’s says the fries will feature “chocolate with cacao flavor and white milk chocolate.” Sounds good to us! What more could you ask for?
4. They won’t be around forever. McDonald’s says that the special treat will only be around “for a limited time.” However, there’s no telling when they’ll disappear, so if you happen to live in/be visiting Japan, get them. GET THEM NOW!
5. They’re available starting on Jan. 26. So you’ve got about a week to prepare. Start fasting, do a cleanse, whatever you need to do to get ready for a disgusting amount of candy-covered fried potatoes assaulting your stomach. (We’re so jealous.)
HollywoodLifers – would you give these crazy fries a try? Let us know in the comments below!