The biggest night in movies and television — the Golden Globe Awards — took place on Jan. 10 and gave us plenty of amazing moments to talk about for weeks to come. Browse through our gallery and see our favorites, including Ricky Gervais’ disses, Channing Tatum’s hair and more!
The 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards lit up the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, California on Jan. 10 — there were so many memorable moments! From Ricky Gervais to Channing Tatum, we loved seeing all of our favorite actors together under one roof.
Here are some of our favorite moments from the show (in no particular order):
1. Channing Tatum got mocked for his questionable hair. The Magic Mike star’s emo-style at the Jan. 10 event was compared to an old man’s comb-over and more.
2. Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence stole the show. Sorry Ricky Gervais, but they might end up being next year’s hosts, as fans started demanding it on Twitter immediately after they presented at the awards show.
4. Jamie Foxx mocked Steve Harvey‘s Miss Universe flub while presenting an award. After going through the nominees, Jamie opened the envelope and said, “And the winner is….Straight Outta Compton!” But that movie wasn’t even nominated. So after a few seconds of confusion from the audience, Jamie corrected himself. He showed the card to the audience and said “Ah, I’m so sorry! It says it right there…it says it right there…it’s The Hateful Eight.”
6. Taraji P. Henson passed out cookies upon winning her Golden Globe for Empire. “Cookies for everyone tonight!” proclaimed the actress. Obviously it was a nod to her fan-favorite character.
7. Ricky Gervais asked Mel Gibson the question we’ve been wondering for the last 10 years — “What the hell does ‘sugar tits’ mean?”
8. Leonardo DiCaprio accidentally smacked Lady Gaga after her Golden Globe win. And it was all caught on video!
Obviously, there were many other moments — it was a great show, and there were way too many moments to pick just one as our favorite. So, we’ll leave that up to YOU! What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? What was your favorite moment of the night? Tell us how you feel!