Khloe Kardashian and Kendall Jenner know that a good pizza is worth the calories, but they also know how to keep portions and treats in moderation to avoid holiday weight gain. Read Khloe’s tips plus advice from a dietician below!
Khloe Kardashian, 31, is our role model for staying fit and healthy, especially during the holidays. Calories can creep up on you, so be sure to follow these expert tips for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving below!
Amanda Foti, a Senior Dietician at Selvera Wellness, is spilling her top tips:
“1. Start by getting ahead! Make sure each day leading up to Thanksgiving includes healthy meals and snacks, keeping portions in check. Avoid any treats or drinks in the days leading up, knowing you’ll be able to enjoy some on the holiday.
2. Drink lots of water! Aim for 48-64 oz. a day. Keeping hydration levels up will help boost metabolism, keep energy up and even regulate hunger levels and food cravings.
3. Get those activity levels up! Plan to exercise every day this week even if it’s small workout! Only have 10 minutes before the shower in the morning? Do a quick HIIT workout or go for a jog around the neighborhood. This will help to burn extra calories of course but also help boost that metabolism going into a food centered holiday!
4. On the day of: DON’T skip meals to “save calories”! This will cause your metabolism to slow way down, feel fatigued, and throw off food cravings and hunger levels. Have a healthy breakfast and lunch with protein and fiber. Before hosting or heading to your destination have a quick snack like a Greek yogurt or protein bar to curb your appetite a bit.
5. Go in with a plan. Have an idea of 1-2 unhealthy (but tasty) foods you want to enjoy and allow yourself to enjoy them with no guilt! Keep portion in check and load up on the healthy items.
6. Up against a multiple course day with appetizers, dinner and desserts? Use the 1 plate rule! Use 1 small plate or napkin to taste a few appetizers but not fill you up. Use 1 small dinner plate, not overflowing, to select mostly lean protein (turkey) and fiber options (vegetables) and small scoops of a few tasty treats. Finally for dessert pick one ½ portion of any option you don’t always get to enjoy.
7. Slow down when eating. Take your time with each bite engaging all your senses to truly enjoy the yummy Thanksgiving Day treats! This will not only enhance your eating experience but also help you know when you’re full and satisfied!”
Thanksgiving Diet Tips — Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
Khloe also revealed her stay slim secrets during the holidays:
“DO indulge! I eat what I want — in moderation. It’s all about small portions. That way I feel good, I eat what I want and I enjoy the holiday. I don’t want to feel like I can’t eat a cookie if I want a cookie! Making sure it’s just one cookie, though, keeps me from feeling guilty about it.”
“DON’T skip the gym! I work out on holidays, I work out on my birthday. Holidays aren’t an excuse to take the day off. Especially on the days I know I’ll be eating a lot — like Thanksgiving — working out is so important. It sets the tone for the whole day, and I feel like if I work out in the morning, I eat healthier during the day because I don’t want to ruin the hard work I just put in. If I don’t work out, I end up eating sh*ttier because I don’t feel good.”
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Thousands of Movies & TV Shows Anytime – Start Free Trial Now
Are you watching what you eat this holiday season?