ISIS has claimed responsibility for the devastating Paris attacks that left 128 people dead in six different sites around the city on November 13. The terrorist group is making horrific threats that this is just the beginning of even deadlier times.
We now know that ISIS is responsible for the shootings, hostage takings and explosions around Paris on November 13, that killed 128 and left another 180 critically wounded. The terror group has promised the attacks as “the first of the storm,” insinuating even more disaster is on the way. Read on to find out more.
In an online statement distributed by supporters on November 14, ISIS admitted to the terror attacks, stating that eight militants armed with explosive belts and carrying machine guns, attacked the affected areas of Paris very deliberately. Calling France a “capital of prostitution and obscenity,” and President Francois Hollande “the fool of France,” ISIS warned “Let France and those who walk in its path know that they will remain on the top of the list of targets of the Islamic State.”
The statement, first released via a communiqué published in Arabic, English and French on the Islamic State’s Telegram account, finally confirmed who was capable of such a brutal massacre, and who they needed to be prepared to fight in case they returned. Celebration online from ISIS supporters was an early indicator, but this is definite proof — horrifying proof, at that.
Shootings and bombings occurred during an Eagles of Death Metal concert at the Bataclan concert venue near the Place de la Republique; terrorists held 100 people hostage following the attacks.
Earlier in the day, people were brutally murdered in an intense shootout at a Paris restaurant, according to the Associated Press. Previous to this, an explosion occurred at the Stade de France stadium, located just north of Paris, during a France-Germany football (soccer) match. President Hollande was in attendance, but evacuated to safety after the explosion occurred.
The president of the French Football Federation, Noel Le Graet, told reporters that three people were killed and more injured after a bomb exploded near door J of the Stade de France, according to Goal.com. “We are all shattered and shocked,” Germany manager Joachim Low told ARD, according to Goal. “For me personally, the sport takes a backseat. We will now advise what to do. We are baffled at the moment. When I heard the bang I could imagine what that would be.”
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this terrible situation. Check back to HollywoodLife.com for updates.
— Shira Benozilio