Leah Remini’s book, ‘Trouble Maker’ hit stands Nov. 3 and it’s a page-turner, filled with tons of shocking alleged secrets about Scientology and stories about their most famous member, Tom Cruise. She accuses Tom of screaming at assistants, being celebrity obsessed and that he loves to invite celebrities over to his house and play hide and seek.
Who doesn’t love a good game of hide and seek? Leah Remini left Scientology in 2013 and it’s become a she said, they said battle ever since. In Leah’s expose about the Church of Scientology, Trouble Maker: Suriving Hollywood and Scientology, she explains why she decided to leave the church and the millions of dollars she spent trying to reach different levels of enlightenment in the organization. She provides detailed accounts of alleged corruption in the church and states that Tom Cruise is treated like a God. But what stood out to us were some of the allegations about Hollywood’s longtime golden boy and that he has an alleged temper that would scare a grown man. To hear more about Leah Remini, head over to iTunes and download the latest HollywoodLife podcast for free!
Here are the 10 most shocking things Leah mentions about Tom and trust us, there are a lot more!
1. Tom is treated like a king! The Scientology Center is on lockdown when Tom Cruise enters the building! “Usually when Tom came into CC, [celebrity centre] the building was locked down and the other celebrities who used the President’s office had to come and go by the other entrance.”
2. You don’t say no to Tom! “You didn’t say no to ‘Mr. Cruise,’ even when it came to little things. Like when he invited me and Angelo [her husband] over when I was pregnant with Sofia because he wanted to learn to dance salsa. Angelo had offered to teach him, but when we were called to come over it was a last-minute invitiation, so I tried to get out of it to reschedule, but Tommy Davis, who had made the call to us, said, ‘Make it go right.'”
3. Tom likes to play hide and seek with celebrities at his house. “I came to think of him as a big kid with his loud laugh, high energy and goofy ideas of fun. Like when he invited some Scientologists and a few other celebrities like Will Smith‘s wife Jada to his house and announced he wanted to play hide and seek. At first I thought he was joking, but no, he literally wanted to play hide and seek with a bunch of grown ups in what was probably close to a 7,000 square foot house on almost three full acres of secluded land.”
4. Tom wants his cookies where he can see them. “People were terrified of offending Tom, and not without reason. Once when Angelo and I were over, Tom decided he wanted to make cookies. He walked into the kitchen, where a batch of prepackaged cookie dough had been prepared and was sitting on the counter, a perfect loaf ready for cutting and baking. Tom was looking for flour and other ingredients and must not have seen the cookie dough, and he instantly got angry.” She adds he screamed at his assistant for several minutes that was so degrading it would make a grown man cry.
5. Everything must be perfect. Once she claims Tom flipped out when he was served tea in a chipped mug. “You served me tea in a chipper mug? [he allegedly said to his assistant]. Do you know who gets served with a mug that’s chipped? F**king DBs [degraded human beings].”
6. If you’re super famous, you’re invited! Leah also says that Tom and Katie Holmes told Leah she needed to invite Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony to their wedding, even though they had never met! “[Tom] then asked me if we wanted to invite our friends Jennifer and Marc to [their] wedding. ‘Don’t you think you guys should?’ I asked confused. ‘Well, we don’t really know them that well,’ Katie said. Right, I thought, exactly my point. Any you want to invite them to the wedding? Leah later adds, “Although I wasn’t sure why, Katie wanted to meet Jen. I just assumed she was a fan of J-Lo.”
7. Suri Cruise was abandoned at TomKat’s wedding in Italy … sort of. “Suri was also there [the night of the rehearsal dinner]. I heard a baby crying from the direction of the bathroom. She was a seven-month old up late in a loud, crowded, dark restaurant, so what else was she going to do? The crying kept up and Katie didn’t seem to notice. Other people took notice, though, and started to look around to figure out what was going on with the baby. I too kept looking around. After about five minute I headed to the bathroom to offer some help. When I opened the door, I found three women, including Tom’s sister and his assistant, standing over the baby, who was lying on the tile floor.” She claims they didn’t know what do to with her so they just starred at her, while Leah went and warmed up a bottle of milk.
8. Tom loves pizza! Leah writes that Tom got angry when she, Jennifer, Marc and her hubby left his wedding after a long night of partying. Leah claims that after a night filled with fireworks, dancing, Tom making out with Katie and serenading his new bride awkwardly with “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling'”, he had his assistant call Leah and Jennifer and beg them to come back after they had already left. Tom’s assistant claimed he and Katie had disappeared because everyone wanted pizza and they were in the kitchen helping make it.
9. Tom’s adopted kids, Bella and Conner Cruise think Nicole Kidman is an SP [Suppresive Person]. Leah happened to share a ride to the airport after the wedding with Bella and Conner Cruise and that’s when Leah asked about Tom’s ex-wife, Nicole Kidman. “Hey, guys. How’s your mom? Do you see her a lot?” I asked. “Not if I have a choice,” Bella said. “Our mom is a f**king SP.”
10. Katie and Tom accused Leah of ruining their wedding. She claims that Katie ‘wrote her up’ and said that Leah had been a “poor example to others” and also added that Leah had “made the party all about her.” Also adding she was “loud” “late” and “rude.” Leah says that this in turn caused her to be sent to Florida to the church’s headquarters where she had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in auditing fees and hours answers hundreds of questions about why she “ruined” the wedding of the century.
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Thousands of Movies & TV Shows Anytime – Start Free Trial Now
HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Leah’s accusations?
— Chloe Melas