We can’t even believe ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ aired its 250th episode tonight, Oct. 22. That makes us feel really old, but at the same time, we’re thankful that the show is still on the air because it has given us some of the most jaw-dropping, suspenseful moments in TV history!
Happy Birthday, Grey’s Anatomy. After 12 seasons, the series hit the ultimate milestone Oct. 22, as it aired its 250th episode. And over the last 10 years, the ABC drama has provided viewers with some crazy, and extremely shocking moments. It was hard to list only 10 as our favorites, but we managed to do so. See those moments below!
1. Owen (Kevin McKidd) chokes Cristina (Sandra Oh) out. Before they got married, and she had her abortion, Owen suffered from some serious PTSD — he was having serious nightmares about his time in the war. And he had a serious episode when he thought the ceiling fan was a helicopter. To defend himself, he ended up chocking Cristina in her sleep.
2. McSteamy comes out of the shower. This was amazing for so many reasons. Not only is Mark Sloan (Eric Dane) extremely hot, but this moment signified the ending of Derek (Patrick Dempsey) and Addison’s (Kate Walsh) marriage.
3. Lexie (Chyler Leigh) becomes an intern. We’d be lying if we said we watched the final scene of the season three finale and didn’t gasp.
4. Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek hook up during the hospital’s “prom.” They had a sexy romp in an exam room, and it was super hot — mainly because it was forbidden. Meredith was dating her vet and Derek was back with Addison.
5. Callie (Sara Ramirez) gets in a car accident. As Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) proposed, a pregnant Callie went flying through the windshield of their car, which of course, kicked off the series’ musical episode.
6. Burke (Isaiah Washington) gets shot. Not only did a single bullet cripple Cristina’s love, but it also put a damper on Izzie’s (Katherine Heigl) plan of cutting Denny’s L-Vad wire to get him a new heart.
7. Alex (Justin Chambers) and Izzie get married. What was supposed to be Meredith and Derek’s wedding, turned into the most special day for Alex and Izzie, as they rushed to get married before she died of cancer. And that moment when Izzie almost fell while walking down the aisle, but George (T.R. Knight) helped her the rest of the way? Priceless.
8. A shooter enters the hospital and kills several people. Alex, Owen and Derek all took bullets, but thankfully, none of them died.
9. Denny dies. This moment will forever go down as one of the most emotional of the series. Izzie’s dress. Alex holding Izzie in his arms. Izzie quitting and saying she’s not a surgeon. Enough said.
10. George dies. We hate to be morbid by keep listing deaths, but we couldn’t make a list without including T.R. Knight’s hugely unexpected exit from the series.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? What is your favorite Grey’s Anatomy moment from over the last 12 seasons? Tell us!
— Chris Rogers