So sad. Hunter Montgomery, 19, died Sept. 27 after his parents, including country music star Eddie Montgomery, took him off life support at a Kentucky hospital. And now, a new report claims drugs may have played a part in his tragic death. Find out all the details here.
Hunter Montgomery‘s tragic death on Sept. 27 is now being linked to drugs, as his mom admits he was depressed after breaking up with his fiancee, a new report claims. As if this story couldn’t get any more devastating.
The unexpected death of the 19-year-old son of country music star Eddie Montgomery is now being linked to drugs, Daily Mail reports. A coroner allegedly told the news site a “drug overdose is suspected,” but they’re “waiting for results of drug tests before confirming the cause of death.”
However, Hunter’s mother, who works as a nurse at a drug recovery center, denies that drugs were to blame for her son’s death, even though Eddie claimed their son died because of an “accident.” She did say he was depressed after splitting from his fiancee and the mother of his child several months ago, but Tracy Nunan says her son did not overdose on drugs. And she desperately tried to save Hunter after finding him unconscious at her home in Lexington. Tracy, who also claims Hunter passed a recent drug test for a new job, believes her son suffered a fatal seizure.
“Hunter was lying on his side and had vomited. I gave him CPR and he responded a little bit. I don’t know for how long he was without oxygen. The ambulance came and he was taken to hospital,” she told Daily Mail about the moment she found Hunter unconscious.
“I think he had a seizure, but I don’t know what brought it on. He did not do drugs and he did not experiment with drugs. I don’t know what caused his death. My Hunter just went to sleep. I am aware that the coroner has asked for toxicology tests and that is standard when someone young dies without explanation. Hunter had recently passed a drugs test for a new job. There was no drugs in his system otherwise he would not have passed,” she added.
The results of Hunter’s toxicology tests are not due for at least three weeks, the site further claims.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Hunter’s family and friends during this difficult time.
— Chris Rogers