Hilary Duff is an outfit repeater! The former Disney starlet rocked the overall trend sweeping the nation just like her most famous alter ego, Lizzie McGuire, did back in the day. In honor of this incredible occasion, we’ve rounded up 5 more of Lizzie’s outfits she should wear again!
Hilary Duff, 27, will always be Lizzie McGuire. We may only get our dose of the adorable Disney character through reruns and watching The Lizzie McGuire Movie on repeat, but Hilary has changed all that. The actress posted the ultimate Instagram throwback when she wore overalls just like Lizzie! HollywoodLife.com has come up with 5 other classic Lizzie outfits Hilary should wear out and about soon!
Hilary posted the amazing photo on Instagram on Aug. 21. She captioned the photo, “#Lizzie #ovies #nobigthang.” No big thing, Hilary? This is a huge thing! We haven’t seen Hil pay homage to the McGuire gal in a long time. Since we’re in the mood, let’s talk about some other epic Lizzie outfits.
1. Seriously, we couldn’t make a list of outfits without this photo. It was the photo seen around the globe when Lizzie McGuire was in its heyday. Hilary should recreate this exact look for sure.
2. Come on, you know you want Hilary to wear this again. Who doesn’t want to wear a sweater with a unicorn on it? Lizzie wore this sweater for picture day, and it’s been in our hearts ever since.
3. Hilary should throw it way back to the early ’00s and embrace this amazing outfit. A butterfly tee and flare jeans? Talk about epic! (Also, isn’t Gordo the cutest?)
4. Don’t lie — we all wanted that jacket. That blue leather jacket was on point. If Hilary added those flower clips, her look would be complete!
5. What? You didn’t think we’d be making a Lizzie McGuire listicle without this outfit, did you? The Lizzie McGuire Movie is a classic, and we think this outfit should be coveted in a national museum forever. First, it was a dress, then it was a halter top and pants. It was perfection personified. If Hilary recreated that outfit, we’d probably never recover.
HollywoodLifers, do you miss Lizzie McGuire? Do you think the cast should reunite? Let us know!
— Avery Thompson