There is hope for Kim Richards after all! The former ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ star is currently receiving medical care after she was detained on a 5150 hold, according to a new report.
After Kim Richards, 50, was involuntarily hospitalized under a 5150 hold last week, the former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star is now reportedly seeking care at another facility — and this time, she’s “committed” to receiving help.
Kim’s attorney told RadarOnline that the former child star is currently getting medical care, after she was released three days following the 5150. A 5150 hold happens when physicians demand an involuntary 72-hour confinement to assess someone who can potentially harm themselves or others. “Kim finally realized that she needed help and is truly committed to getting it,” a source told the outlet. “She voluntarily checked into an inpatient facility in Orange County. The family has been very supportive of this move.”
Kim’s family had reportedly been frustrated with trying to get her help, but this time, they seemed to really get through to the reality star. “They told her she had to do it or she was cut off from all of them financially. It is tough love,” the source said, revealing that the family was more hopeful. “Kim hit rock bottom and is finally ready to do the work needed to get her life back on track.” This is so great to hear.
Kim’s past is definitely one that is troubled. She was arrested on Aug. 2 after allegedly shoplifting hundreds of dollars worth of items from Target. The former child star has had a long battle with sobriety, and her struggles became apparent again after she was arrested at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel in April 2015 at her daughter’s wedding.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you proud of Kim for getting help? Let us know.
— Julianne Ishler