We never wanna grow up– and we don’t have to! Disney has just announced plans for a greatest hits album of sorts, ‘We Love Disney,’ featuring some of the films’ most well known songs– and The Mouse has gotten some big names on board for the project!
Ariana Grande, Lucy Hale and Fall Out Boy are just some of the artists who will cover songs for Disney’s upcoming album, We Love Disney, which will drop on Oct. 30. The exciting project was announced at the D23 Expo convention on Aug. 16., along with a full track listing of which songs and artists will be included. Just about all of the classic films will be alluded to, including The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Lion King and, because we still can’t stop talking about this movie two years later, Frozen. Check out a full song list!
1. Friend Like Me (From Aladdin) – Ne-Yo
2. Part of Your World (From The Little Mermaid) – Jessie J
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama (From The Lion King) – Jason Derulo
4. The Rainbow Connection (From The Muppet Movie) – Gwen Stefani
5. Zero to Hero (From Hercules) – Ariana Grande
6. In a World of My Own / Very Good Advice (From Alice in Wonderland) – Jhené Aiko
7. I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) (From The Jungle Book) – Fall Out Boy
8. Colors of the Wind (From Pocahontas) – Tori Kelly
9. Spoonful of Sugar (From Mary Poppins) – Kacey Musgraves
10. Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat (From The Aristocats) – Charles Perry
11. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (From Cinderella) – Jessie Ware
12. Let It Go (From Frozen) – Rascal Flatts & Lucy Hale
13. It’s a Small World – We Love Disney Artists
14. It’s Not Easy Being Green (From The Muppet Show) – Brenna Whitaker
15. A Whole New World (From Aladdin) – Yuna
What do you think of the song selections? And how about that artist lineup?
— Casey Mink