This sounds very interesting — we finally got more details of ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ on August 7 during the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills! The cast revealed what we should know about their characters, and well, who’s hooking up with who!
American Horror Story: Hotel has a lot of romances, a lot of hate, and a lot of horror — and that’s just what we know before it begins! Ryan Murphy joined the cast at TCA for a panel and he revealed that Lady Gaga‘s character will have relationships with Matt Bomer, Angela Bassett and Cheyenne Jackson. So how does Finn Wittrock fit in? And what are the other cast members doing?
Each went down the line to share details on their parts, so here’s what we can tell you:
– Finn Wittrock will be playing a male model named Tristan Duffy who’s always looking for the next high, and finds it in in Lady Gaga’s character. “We have a lot to do together. She sees all of me,” Finn said.
– Cheyenne Jackson plays Will Drake, a creative fashion icon, who moved to LA to try and reestablish himself. He’s a father and “a little desperate.”
– Denis O’Hare will play Liz Taylor, a movie icon. No, he’s no actually her, but a person inspired by “the awesomeness” of her. Liz works in the hotel bar, Blue Parrot Lounge, where they have homemade coasters. He shaved his head (and other body parts) for the role.
– Chloë Sevigny, plays Wes Bentley’s wife, Alex. She’s a mother, a doctor, and dealing with a great loss in the family.
– Matt Bomer is playing Donovan, a denizen of the hotel, and closely associated with Kathy, Gaga and Finn. “He has very interesting relationships with the lady folk in his life,” Matt said.
– Wes Bentley plays Detective John Lowe, who’s dealing with the loss in the family, and spends his time investigating murders.
– Angela Bassett plays Ramona, a sexy actress, who doesn’t live at the hotel but visits a lot. She has “a very strong, real, lasting, relationship” with Gaga. She admits she’ll probably be “at odds” with Matt Bomer’s character over “who gets the girl.”
– Kathy Bates plays Iris, who runs the hotel. Iris hates Sarah Paulson’s character, but has close relationships with both Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley, and Denis O’Hare. I can’t stand Sarah Paulson. Oh, and she does crossword puzzles in her spare time.
– Sarah Paulson plays a “vile” Sally, who is sexy, but a drug addict. She lives at the hotel and hates Iris — for reasons that are revealed quickly. She also has a “budding something” with Wes’ character.
– Finally, Lady Gaga plays Elizabeth, the hotel owner. She’s wealthy and social and “is consumed with art and fashion and people.” Her “nefarious plan” will be revealed in episode one. And she finally will start shooting on Monday, August 10.
Ryan and Brad Falchuk also added that the idea for hotel came from surveillance footage from two years ago of a woman in a hotel elevator, who was never seen again. So, if that doesn’t creep you out, I don’t know what will! Are you excited for AHS: Hotel to air on Oct. 7, HollywoodLifers?
— Emily Longeretta