What NOT to do when trying to win America’s Got Talent 101: Do NOT argue with the judges! During week 11, eccentric performer Kayvon Zand caused some major drama, earning him the hashtag
20 acts hit the America’s Got Talent stage on August 4 to prove they deserved one of the 7 spots left in the live shows next week! One performer, Kayvon Zand, was not prepared to take no for an answer. You have to see this super uncomfortable confrontation between he and the judges! Also, find out which 7 acts the judges actually approved of to move on to next week!
Kayvon sang “You Spin Me Round” and it was….interesting. “You’re not serious are you?” Howie Mandel asked him. The judges all X-ed him and he was not happy about it! He started full on arguing with them!
Mel wanted to offer him some constructive criticism but he cut her off and asked, “do you think you’re a better singer than me?” The crowd booed and he tried to retract his nasty comments, but only dug himself in a deeper whole by saying, “She’s not like a Whitney Houston but she’s a good singer.”
Needless to say, Kayvon went home. The rest of the 19 acts took to the stage to prove they deserved on of the 7 spots left in order to advance to the live shows!
Here are the 7 acts that made it through:
1) “SIRO-A,” a group that describes themselves as Japan’s answer to the Blueman Group, impressed the audience and the judges! They really “stepped it up” according to Howard Stern.
2) “The Gentlemen,” the cutest 9 and 12-year-old boys, danced their little heart outs to earn a spot in next week’s show!
3) Magician Derek Hughes used his telepathic powers to wow the judges. He’s definitely one of the best magicians this show has seen — we’re so happy he made it to the next round. We were seriously stumped after he read the judges minds!
4) Trapeze artists Duo Volta had us in awe throughout their entire performance — it’s no wonder they made it though!
5) Beautiful singer Alicia Michille proved her angelic voice was strong enough to earn her a spot in the live shows and we couldn’t be happier — she’s got some serious talent!
6) Comedian Gary Vider is not everyone’s “cup of tea,” as Mel put it, but he sure is funny to us!
7) Ok, we weren’t sure whether to laugh or cringe while watch Stevie Starr‘s act. He’s a “Professional Regurgitate” — interesting, right?! Well, the judges thought it was interesting enough to give him a spot in the live shows and we kind of agree!
HollywoodLifers, which act of the 7 did you like best? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
— Shira Benozilio