Combat oil and shine and repair sun-damaged tresses with these tips from a celebrity makeup artist and celebrity hairstylist!
If you love the shiny locks of Nina Dobrev and the perfect skin of Jordana Brewster, you’ll need to read these expert tips! Look flawless this summer with these easy-to-follow steps!
POND’S celebrity makeup artist, Kayleen McAdams, who works with stars like Rachel McAdams, Sofia Vergara and Jessica Biel, offers the following top tips:
1. “It’s important to keep skin clean, hydrated and healthy — especially when traveling. With POND’S Towelettes, you don’t have to worry about liquid restrictions or tiny airplane sinks!”
2. “I love using POND’S Towelettes at the beach. They are great for wiping hands and faces before reapplying sunscreen. Plus, they can help clean off sandy feet before putting sandals back on.”
3. “Healthy, glowy skin is really important to a great summer look. You don’t want heavy, cakey makeup in the summer — it just doesn’t stick well and is hard to maintain. I like to prep skin with POND’S Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream. I work it into the skin in a circular motion, increasing blood flow and giving rosiness from within. If you need a little coverage, use a tinted moisturizer like Jouer’s Luminizing Moisture Tint. It gives enough coverage but enhances the glow from the moisturizer. A little curl and waterproof mascara is all you need for your eyes, and to finish the look, I recommend Fresh’s Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry or Coral. It gives the perfect hint of color but doesn’t require much upkeep in the heat.”
Summer Hair Tips — Beat The Heat
CLEAR Scalp & Hair Celebrity Stylist Riawna Capri, who works with Nina Dobrev, Julianne Hough and Selena Gomez, says:
1. “To revive hair that’s feeling parched as a result of chlorine or saltwater, use products that are specially formulated to deeply nourish the scalp, as a healthy scalp is the foundation for healthy hair. The CLEAR Scalp & Hair Intense Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner duo deeply hydrates for soft, silky tresses.”
2. “Take advantage of that long flight to deep condition your tresses. The longer conditioner stays on your hair, the better it absorbs. Apply a conditioner like CLEAR from roots to ends, wrap in a bun, and relax. Wash the conditioner out once you get to the hotel for touchably soft hair!”
Do you pay extra attention to your skin and hair in the summer?
— Dory Larrabee Zayas