Caitlyn Jenner’s E! docu series, ‘I Am Cait,’ was everything we hoped it would be. It made us laugh, cry and we learned a lot about the transgender community. Here are the 5 things we didn’t know before watching the premiere!
Caitlyn Jenner, 66, exclaims she’s more fun that Bruce Jenner ever was, during the June 26 premiere of her new reality series, I Am Cait, and she might be right. She says that “Bruce” was an isolationist and would shut himself off from the world because he just didn’t fit in. But we can tell you that Cait is confident, funny and is definitely one of the gals. We get a glimpse of Caitlyn’s enviable wardrobe, experience the first time she introduced herself to Kylie Jenner and even watch her get asked out on a date!
1. Caitlyn Jenner Introduces Kylie Jenner Over FaceTime! No, we aren’t joking. Caitlyn is sitting there talking to her mom, Ester Jenner and sisters who had flown in to meet Cait for the first time, and that’s when Kylie calls. Cait totally forgets that she’s in full glam and answers the FaceTime call. She then begins to turn away, worried that Kylie would be shocked and caught off guard but then she just goes with it and shows her face. Kylie doesn’t even flinch, in fact she says she’s a bit “loopy” from a visit to the dentist. Kylie calls Cait “beautiful” and the two carry on like nothing has changed.
2. Khloe Kardashian Is Not Happy With Vanity Fair! During the previews for the upcoming episodes at the end of the premiere, Caitlyn reveals that Khloe Kardashian is not happy with Caitlyn’s Vanity Fair article. She acknowledges in the premiere that although all of her kids have been publicly supportive, the only ones that have actually visited and met Cait are Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner. She basically says Khloe, Rob Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian must have some issue with her transition. She also is in a scene in an upcoming episode where Kim sternly tells her not to bash their family throughout this process, most likely referring to Vanity Fair because Kris Jenner was negatively portrayed.
3. Kylie Jenner’s Getting Married? Kylie drops a major bombshell when Ester gives her a black and white pic of when she was 17. Her grandmother is explaining that she was actually married at the time the picture was taken and then Kylie says, “Oh, just like me,” with a big ole’ grin. Needless to say, Ester and Caitlyn don’t find it funny and totally dismiss her comment. But does that mean Tyga and Kylie are planning to tie-the-knot soon? We told you the rapper was waiting until Kylie turned 18 on Aug. 10 and that he’d already asked Cait’s permission!
4. Has Caitlyn Jenner Found Love Again? The 66-year-old told Diane Sawyer during her two-hour special that she had no immediate plans to date and wasn’t even sure if she liked men or women. Well during the upcoming previews, Candis Cayne, a well-known transgender model/actress and NYC entertainer, asked Caitlyn out on a date! It’s not known yet if she says yes but we told you that while in NYC recently, they were spotted grabbing dinner and going to the broadway show “An American In Paris.” Looks like Cait might have found love again!
5. Kanye West Is A Wise Man! The normally loud and boastful rapper takes a softer approach to Caitlyn’s transition … who are we kidding?! Kanye West meets Cait then immediately gives her advice and says to “f**k everybody!” He says that their family is full of such famous people and that it’s incredible this momentous moment in history is happening to them. But then the conversation quickly turns to why Kanye doesn’t tie the laces on his shoes? Kanye laughs and explains that it’s all about being fashionable. Um, okay … whatever you say, Kanye!
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of the season premiere of I Am Cait?
— Chloe Melas