Can you believe that ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith came out’ TEN years ago? Yes, I know you feel old, as do I but instead of sobbing, I thought we’d run through all our favorite couples that started on screen, just like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
In 2005, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie took over our screens and stole our hearts when they starred as husband and wife on the big screen in Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Of course, we all know that they fell in love while on set, and they made us realize that on-screen love can definitely turn real — so why not come up with a list of celebrities who took their movie relationship off-screen.
2. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum played each other’s love interest in the 2006 hit, Step Up. Their chemistry was seriously undeniable and they began dating shortly after. The two got married in 2009, and had their first child in 2013 — and adorable little girl, Everly.
3. Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck met on the set of Pearl Harbor but actually fell in love while making 2003’s Daredevil and began a relationship shortly after. They ended up getting married in 2005 and have three children together, Violet, Seraphina and Samuel.
4. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone made our hearts melt in 2012 superhero flick, The Amazing Spider-Man. While they’ve been on and off, the couple are back together as they have been spotted together multiple times.
5. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are the hottest parents now! They met on the set of Green Lantern in 2010, and began dating the following year. They were married in 2012 and had their first baby, James in December 2014.
6. Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling met on the set of The Place Beyond the Pines and began dating by the time the film came out in 2012. While they are not married, the two had their first child together, Esmeralda Amada, in 2014.
7. Johnny Depp met Amber Heard on the set of The Rum Diaries and the two began dating in 2012. The couple is very secretive about their relationship and were quietly married in February 2015.
8. Ginnifer Goodwin and her Once Upon a Time co-star Josh Dallas began dating in 2011. Three years later, they were married and had one baby!
9. Sarah Michelle Geller met Freddie Prinze Jr. met on the set of I Know What You Did Last Summer in 1997. They publicly began dating in 2001, and were married in September 2002. They went on to play each other’s love interests on Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2.
10. Hayden Christensen met Rachel Bilson on the set of 2006’s Jumper. They were engaged just two years later and while they had their ups and downs, they are still together and had their first daughter, Briar Rose, in February 2014.
— Emily Longeretta