During their interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly on June 3, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar defended their son, Josh Duggar, who they claim ‘improperly touched’ five girls including two of his sisters as a teen, and explained their theory as to why the police report was released.
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar believe that the release of the molestation report, proving that their son Josh Duggar, 27, confessed to improperly touching five girls as a teen, was a deliberate attack on their 19 Kids & Counting family. During a sit-down interview with FOX News’ Megyn Kelly on June 3, the Duggars accused Springdale Police Chief Kathy O’Kelley of wanting to “hurt” them for a “bribe.”
The Duggars called the backlash from the scandal “public shame” instigated by someone with a “personal agenda.” “There’s an agenda. There’s people that are purposely trying to bring things out and twisting them to hurt and slander,” Michelle said on The Kelly File.
Jim Bob said that the release of the molestation report was led by Kathy, who wanted to “hurt” his family for a “bribe.” “She was getting ready to retire and she said, ‘There’s a few things I want to do before I retire,’” he said during the interview. “I think I was on her list.”
The Duggars also said that they are pursuing legal action and “justice will be served” because their daughters, Jill and Jessa, “were victimized in these last couple of weeks more than they were 12 years ago.”
Josh Duggar Molested Five Girls As A Teen
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Josh molested five girls, including two of his sisters, while they were sleeping in 2002, when he was 14. Jim Bob told Megyn that Josh was just “curious about girls” and they “did not know” what he did. Jim Bob and Michelle believe Josh is a “changed” person and he just made a “mistake.”
Do YOU think the police chief took a bribe, HollywoodLifers? Should Josh Duggar get in trouble? Vote in our poll and tell us how you feel!
— Chris Rogers