The temps are heating up and the clothes are coming off, so we’re helping you get bikini ready for the summer! Celebs like JLo, Lea and Gigi have enviable bodies, and now they are spilling their fit tricks!
It seems like most of us are trying to lose weight and tone up before summer. Celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Sofia Vergara, Lea Michele and Gigi Hadid have access to some of the best nutritionists and trainers in the world, and we’re passing along their knowledge to you so you can lose weight and feel great!
Jennifer Lopez’s Weight Loss — Diet & Exercise Tips From The Star
Us Weekly magazine rounded up the top fitness and diet tips from celebrities for their June 1, 2015 issue.
Jennifer Lopez: 1. “I work out, but I’m not as much of a fanatic as I used to be. And, funnily enough, I feel like I’m in better shape now.”
2. “With my son and daughter, I try to teach them the right things to eat: a lot of greens, fruits and grains. They’re starting to learn that’s a way of life. When they ask me why I exercise, I say, ‘So I can maintain a good weight and run around with you.'”
3. “When I haven’t done it in a while, I’ll indulge in dessert. I’ll eat cookies, but I’ll have one or two and I’m fine. I don’t go crazy. You don’t want to be the person who eats a doughnut — and then has a whole box.”
4. “Very rarely will I skip my workout. Sometimes I work too late the night before and I’m like, ‘Ugh, I can’t do this.’ But I tell myself, ‘Just do it. It’s only an hour.’ It’s just talking yourself off the ledge of being a lazy bum.”
5. J-Lo starts her day with Body Lab’s 80 calorie protein TastyShake. “It starts me off healthy.” The founder of the brand also takes their fat-burning supplements. “They’re formulated for women,” she told the magazine.
Lea Michele & Gigi Hadid Diet Secrets
6. Gigi Hadid: “I’m really competitive — I’m an athlete and played volleyball all through high school — so working out is fun for me. My trainer will tell me the women’s records for different things at the gym, and I’ll have to beat one by the end of the day or I won’t leave.”
7. Lea Michele: “I like to run on the treadmill and listen to music, but not my own songs. I listen to like, Beyonce. I make it a fun experience. I work out so I can eat whatever I want. You’ll never hear anyone talk about food or enjoy food more than me. I love grilled cheese sandwiches.”
8. Sofia Vergara: “I try to eat healthy during the week, but if there’s somebody’s birthday and they bring out a cake, I’ll have the cake. I try to do everything in moderation because I don’t believe you can wake up at 4 in the morning to work out and eat nothing. Terrible.”
9. Joe Manganiello: “Do I regret having to give up eating certain things? Do I regret giving up alcohol? No way in hell! You have to stop trying to see what you can get away with and see what you can be.”
10. Gabrielle Union: “I like kickboxing because I can work out some aggression without judgement…A good boxing workout is the best stress-, anxiety- and rage-reliever there is.”
11. Scott Eastwood: “I do multiple workouts in a day. I do jujitsu, surf, lift weights and swim. But you cannot out-train bad nutrition. It’s impossible.”
12. Keke Palmer: “I used to steer away from shorts because I never liked my knees. Now I embrace them because I like other parts of my legs. At the end of the day, it’s about expressing myself and not what other people think I should look like.” Keke is in amazing shape — I recently worked out with her at Body By Simone thanks to Playtex Sport!
Are you loving these fitness and diet tips from celebrities? Which one is your favorite?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas