Nicki’s music video ‘Feeling Myself’ with Beyonce is hot but it’s not the dance moves and lyrics that are making headlines. Fans think this Givenchy top that reads ‘Pervert 17’ is a direct diss at Tyga and Kylie’s relationship. We have all the scoop on this top that you can own too!
Everything Nicki Minaj does is very well thought out. From hair color, down to the pattern on her nails, everything is planned and decided on by the rapper herself. But when fans freaked out over Nicki’s jersey in her new music video, it made us want to do a little digging. Before you start to assume that Nicki had this shirt specially made for her video in an effort to diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga, you might want to think again. It turns out that this is an over $3,000 top that is readily available for purchase in the spring 2015 Givenchy collection.
Nicki Minaj’s Tyga Diss Shirt: Five Things To Know About It
Buckle up because we are about to give you five quick facts on this buzzed about top.
1. First of all it’s not a top, it’s a sweater. A see-thru sweater and the writing is made of sequins. We love sequins!
2. You can buy it but it’ll cost you some serious cash. The sweater is a whopping $3,093.00 — whoa!
3. The creative director is Riccardo Tisci, who is best friends with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
4. Nicki has worn Givenchy before. She famously wore the designer’s leopard ensemble to the 2011 Grammy Awards and it was epic.
5. Julia Roberts is currently the face of this well-known brand!
Nicki Disses Tyga In ‘Feeling Myself’ Video?
Fans freaked out as soon as the video hit Tidal because it appeared to be a dig at Tyga, 25, dating Kylie 17. It turns out they have have some issues in the past. Supposedly he leaked his own version of her song “Truffle Butter” and this is what she told HipHopWired at the time: “I thought that was a little bit disrespectful because I had always shown him love.
To hear more about Kylie Jenner and Nicki Minaj and their shocking new feud, head over to iTunes and download the newest HollywoodLife podcast for free! HollywoodLifers, do you think Nicki was throwing shade at Tyga by wearing the shirt?
— Chloe Melas