It’s time to break out your biggest hats and place your bets because the Kentucky Derby is here! Here’s everything you need to know before the big May 2 race.
When is the Kentucky Derby? Who are the favorites to win the race? There are so many questions leading up to the 2015 horse race, and so many answers! HollywoodLife.com has come up with a list of 5 things you must know before the race kicks off on Saturday, May 2. One thing is for certain — make sure you have your mint julep ready!
When Is The Kentucky Derby & More: What To Know About The Big Race
1. When is the Kentucky Derby? NBC Sports Network will air coverage from noon to 4 p.m. ET. The event will air from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (ET) with the actual race set to start at 6:24 p.m. ET.
2. What channel is the Kentucky Derby on? The big race will air on NBC.
3. Who is favored to win the race? American Pharoah and Dortmund, both trained by Bob Baffert, are the horses to beat on Saturday, May 2.
4. Who are the big names in the Kentucky Derby? In addition to American Pharoah and Dortmund, Materiality, Upstart, Firing Line and Carpe Diem are some of the other horses to watch out for.
5. Where is the Kentucky Derby being held? The Kentucky Derby will go down at the Churchill Downs racetrack in Louisville, Kentucky.
Despite winning the 140th Kentucky Derby just last year, California Chrome won’t be racing in this year’s Kentucky Derby. We will miss him, but there is a whole new round of horses to get excited about. A new year means a new winner!
HollywoodLifers, are you excited for the Kentucky Derby? Who are you rooting for to win? Let us know your thoughts below!
— Avery Thompson