Amal Clooney mastered the NYC style scene with her high-shine blowout, classic makeup and always-on-point sartorial choices on April 28. Learn how to recreate Amal’s signature hair look at home.
Not since Kate Middleton have we been so enamored with a blowout. But in addition to being a whip-smart lawyer and the gorgeous wife of George Clooney, Amal Clooney, 37, has mastered the perfect hair combination of volume and sleek shine. Amal, who is lecturing on human rights law as a senior fellow at Columbia Law School in NYC, has been sporting the perfect blowout all over the city. Read on for tips and tricks to get her look.
The Perfect Blowout — 5 Steps To Get Flawless Hair Like Amal Clooney
Since creating a smooth blowout on your own can get tricky, we’re breaking it down into five steps you should always follow for the perfect hair. Once you’ve armed yourself with this new hair knowledge and arsenal of products, all it takes is a little practice for a salon-quality blowout right at home.
1) Start with damp hair, and spritz a volumizing product like Show Beauty Lux Volume Mist throughout your hair, but concentrating on your roots.
2) Apply a dime-sized amount of blowout balm like R+Co Park Ave Blow Out Balm from the mid-length to tips of your hair.
3) Clip the top half of your hair up using a darby clip, and starting with the bottom section, wrap two-inch sections of hair around a medium-sized round boar bristle brush like Spornette Deville Boar Bristle Round Brush. Keeping tension as you pull the hair through, blow dry each section with the nozzle of the dryer facing downward to prevent frizz and create a smooth, shiny finish.
4) Repeat with the remaining sections of your hair, blowing the top section at the crown of the head straight back and up to create more volume.
5) Finish with Drybar Sparkling Soda Shine Mist for a glossy finish that protects your hair color from fading during sun exposure and ensures your blowout is flyaway-free like Amal’s.
Amal Clooney’s Blowout — Polished & Perfect
Whether you’re getting dressed up for a wedding, on your way to prom or keeping it casual like Amal in distressed jeans and a leather jacket, a voluminous blowout adds the perfect polished finish to any look.
Of course, if you aren’t a DIY type of girl, you can always call Bella On Demand, where an expert hairstylist comes to your home or office!
Have you mastered the at-home blowout yet, HollywoodLifers? Will you be copying Amal’s swoon-worthy hair?
— Marissa DeSantis