Ciara has herself a HOT new man…and if you’re not familiar with NFL star Russell Wilson, we’re here to help you out. Here’s five things you need to know about the Seattle Seahawks star!
Things are heating up between Ciara, 29, and her new man, Russell Wilson, 26! But who exactly is this new guy she’s cozying up to? No worries, HollywoodLifers, we have you covered on all things Russell Wilson — here are five things you definitely want to know!
Russell Wilson Facts: Things To Know About Ciara’s Hot New Boyfriend
1. He’s a Super Bowl champion. As quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks (he signed a 4-year, $2.99 million contact in 2012), Russell led the team to its first Super Bowl win in 2014 — they defeated the Denver Broncos 26-20, and Russell was also awarded the Lombardi Trophy. Russell and his team made it to the Super Bowl again one year later, but were defeated by the New England Patriots.
2. He’s also pretty good at baseball. After high school, Russell was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles, but opted, instead, to attend NC State, where he played college baseball for two years. In June 2010, he was drafted by the Colorado Rockies, and played two years on their Class A affiliate teams before heading to the NFL draft in 2012.
3. He was one busy guy in college. Amidst his professional baseball career, Russell transferred from NC State to Wisconsin in 2011, to play during the Badgers’ 2011 season. He led the team to the Rose Bowl against the Oregon Ducks on Jan. 2, 2012, where they unfortunately lost to the Oregon Ducks.
4. He’s very charitable. Every Tuesday, Russell visits the Seattle Children’s Hospital for 60 minutes in what’s become known as “Blue Tuesdays.” During that time, he listens to sick kids’ stories and talks to as many patients and family members as possible. Amazing!
5. He’s wants to compete on Dancing With The Stars. Russell is ready to trade his cleats in for some tap shoes! Karina Smirnoff told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that she met with the football player before the 2015 Super Bowl — he agreed to dance with her on the hit ABC show if the Seahawks won. Unfortunately, the Seahawks were defeated, but maybe he’ll still hold out on the promise one day…
— Alyssa Norwin