First things first, Iggy looks amazing on the May cover of ‘Marie Claire’! The fashion magazine named her one of the Fresh Faces of 2015, and with a contour this gorgeous, who could disagree? Get expert tips on her perfect contour below.
Iggy Azalea, 24, joined Felicity Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Hailee Steinfeld, and Kate Upton for the multi-cover May issue of Marie Claire and she looks gorgeous! Her hair and makeup was flawless, and we’ve got the inside scoop from celebrity makeup artist Rob Scheppy on recreating her chiseled, contoured look.
Iggy Azalea’s ‘Marie Claire’ Cover — Expert Tips On Getting The Perfect Contour
Iggy looked so pretty on her Marie Claire cover! Her hair was styled in sexy waves by celeb hairstylist, Ursula Stephen, but her blonde tresses were swept to the side to keep all of the attention on her flawless makeup.
Her go-to makeup artist, Priscilla Ono, created a fresh faced look with a pretty pink lip and golden tones on her lids, but what really made her look pop was her stunning contour!
Contour: Get Iggy Azalea’s Look
“1. First: Assess the face, make sure the skin is clean and exfoliated.
2. The first step in contouring is creating a flawless base. We do that with the Tweezerman Contour Kit. I actually love this kit set because it gives me everything I need for the perfect contour, and my celeb clients love it to because it’s travel friendly and easy to use when they are on the go.
3. I then take my sponge which is great for blending around the hairline and jawline.
4. Lastly I take my Tweezerman Mini Contour Foundation Brush with one shade darker than her own skin to create contours under the jaw bone to sculpt the jawline.
5. I take that same brush and apply powder in the swallows of her cheeks for more definition. The unique angle of the brush head allows for seamless blending along the angles of the face, making it a great choice for blending out contour lines.
6. I then take the Tweezerman Pointed Concealer Brush — perfect for adding a little luminosity — which helps to refine the nose and bring out the eyes.”
Easy enough! If it will create highlighted cheekbones like Iggy’s, then it’s totally worth it. Will you be trying out Rob’s contour tips? Tell us what you think of Iggy’s Marie Claire cover below.
— Kindra Bailey