Amy’s opening monologue at the MTV Movie Awards April 12 was full of hilarious jokes and the best was when she said Hillary had taken Zayn’s spot in 1D!
Amy Schumer kicked off the MTV Movie Awards by shooting a Hunger Games arrow into the crowd and hitting Jimmy Kimmel in the chest, pretending to have killed him! She then told the crowd that she realized that half of the audience didn’t know who she was and the rest assumed she was singer Meghan Trainor but the absolute best moment was her One Direction slam!
MTV Movie Awards Host Amy Schumer Says Hillary Clinton Is Joining One Direction
The best part of her monologue was joking about Hillary Clinton‘s Presidential campaign. Instead of telling the world that Hillary had announced earlier in the day that she was running for president, she said that Hillary had been planning for months to actually take Zayn Malik‘s spot in One Direction.
“After months of speculation, Hillary Clinton finally announced she’s taking Zayn’s spot in One Direction – the first woman in One Direction! I never thought I’d live to see the day!”
Even though we thought that was really funny, that was just one of the jokes that had us rolling on the floor with laughter! Check out some of her best jokes below:
- “Half of you don’t know who I am and half of you think I’m Meghan Trainor.”
- “Gone Girl is a story of what one crazed white woman or all Latinas do when you cheat on them.”
- “Magic Mike really is magic because every time I watch that, two of my fingers disappear … so weird!”
- “If Kevin Hart sees his shadow, we get six more Kevin Hart movies.”
- “Don’t worry about MTV running you off the stage by playing music because MTV is the one network that refuses to play music.”
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Did you love Amy’s opening monologue at the MTV Movie Awards? Vote in our poll and tell us how you feel!
— Chloe Melas