The ever elegant Charlize Theron looked phenomenal at the premiere of her new film, ‘Dark Places’, in Paris on March 31. Do you love her look? Get it yourself with the inside scoop from her hair and makeup artists!
Charlize Theron, 39, might have been all black everything for the night, but she balanced out her ensemble with a beautiful fresh faced makeup look! Her sunny strands framed her face effortlessly in a soft updo, and with the help of her makeup artist Pati Dubroff, Charlize flaunted a “modern take on a classic cat eye.” We’ve got just what you need to recreate her look below!
Charlize Theron’s Makeup At ‘Dark Places’ Premiere — Cat Eye & Pink Lips
Charlize and Pati decided to go with a look that was centered around a “dramatic black wing liner to compliment the dramatic black Dior dress.” Love it!
More classic looks tend to be best for Charlize and we can totally appreciate her minimalist approach to beauty. With her dress sparkling on the red carpet and her fair complexion, this fresh faced look was the way to go.
Here’s what else Pati had to say about Charlize’s look:
“To contrast [her eyeliner and black dress] we kept the lips nude and simple with a touch of shine, using first Dior Addict Lip Glow then Rouge Dior Brilliant Lipshine in Paname, and focused on creating glowing skin that looks modern and fresh, using the new Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation with a light dusting of the Nude Air Powder to set.
“I gave the brow some strength and hold using the brand new Diorshow Brow Styler gel in blonde (launching June 1). For the eye I used the new 5 Couleurs Designer Eyeshadow palette in Smokey Design 008 (launching June 1)… I then intensified the liner using the Diorshow Art Pen Intense Professional Felt-Tip Eyeliner in black… finishing with generous coats of Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara.”
Charlize Theron’s Pretty Updo — Exact How-To
Charlize’s hair was also gorgeous for the evening. Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist, Enzo Angileri says, “We were going for an overall look of sophisticated simplicity so I decided on a loose updo that is parted on the side.”
Here’s exactly how he created her updo!
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Keratin Restore Mask which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Add 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and damp distribute evenly through damp hair.
3. Blow dry using round brush to improve shine and texture.
4. Starting from the back, and working in small sections curl the whole head using a 1.5 inch curling iron.
5. Lightly brush through the curls and then use Wella Professionals Stay Essential hairspray near the roots to create support and volume.
6. To create the updo, start at the back by taking small pieces of hair and fastening them up using bobby pins, leaving the front pieces down. After the back is pinned up, loosely curl the front pieces with a 2.5 inch curling iron.
7. Finish the look by lightly spraying Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray over the entire head. This leaves the hair shiny, radiant and camera ready.
We think Charlize’s hair and makeup look was perfect for the occasion, don’t you agree? Share your thoughts below in the comments!
— Kindra Bailey