Bruce may not be walking away from his Feb. 7 car accident scot-free after all! A new report claims that the stepchildren of the woman who died in the crash are making plans to press charges…and the Kardashian patriarch is at the center of their suit.
It’s been nearly two months since Bruce Jenner, 65, rear-ended a woman (later revealed to be 69-year-old Kim Howe) on the Pacific Coast Highway, sending her into oncoming traffic where she was hit by a Hummer and killed. And while law enforcement hasn’t pursued charges against the former Olympian, it appears he may still have reason to worry about being blamed.
Bruce Jenner Car Accident — Olympian Faces Wrongful Death Lawsuit
According to TMZ, Kim’s stepchildren are now getting involved, and they’re making plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the E! reality star.
Despite having virtually no relationship with Kim, (they won’t even be inheriting any of her property), her two stepchildren have reportedly hired lawyers to get the ball rolling; one has even been instructed to start compiling photos that will prove their relationship with Kim.
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, it’s unlikely that law enforcement will pursue charges against Bruce because he wasn’t speeding, texting or driving under the influence before the crash. “Any of those factors, if present, would certainly militate towards a prosecution for manslaughter, in light of the negligence standard required for conviction,” an attorney told us in February.
Futhermore, Bruce has cooperated with police every step of the way. “My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident,” he said in a statement on Feb. 8. “It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible.”
In the midst of dealing with the aftermath of the car accident, Bruce is going full-speed ahead with his gender transition. In fact, RadarOnline reports that he even took a huge step by getting breast implants a few weeks ago!
“He went with a smaller implant because he didn’t want to look ridiculous,” the site reported. “Recovery hasn’t been that difficult. But Bruce has had to sleep in a recliner to help with the healing.”
And while the Kardashian ladies have been quite busy lately, the 65-year-old has been recovering with the help of his sons, Brandon Jenner, 33, and Brody Jenner, 31. “They’ve been taking care of him at his Malibu mansion. This is a very exciting but scary time for Bruce.”
HollywoodLifers, do you think Bruce could still face charges for his car accident? Or do you think he’ll be able to win if a wrongful death suit takes place?
— Alyssa Norwin