Prom season is fast approaching, and we’ve found the latest crop of glosses, polishes and hairsprays to help you get looks inspired by celebs like Bella Thorne and Selena Gomez.
We’ve gone through the latest beauty launches to take the stress out of figuring out how you’ll wear your hair for prom, or which makeup products you should be trying. Just check out our gallery for all the prom inspiration you need this season.
Prom Beauty — Get Bella Thorne’s Fishtail Updo & Selena Gomez’s Slicked Back Pony
We fell in love with the fishtail updo Bella Thorne wore to the Elle Women in Television event earlier this year, and we think prom is the perfect occasion to bust it out. Though the gorgeous chignon looks complicated, it’s much simpler than you think if you follow these steps:
1) Brush through your hair, making sure your hair is completely knot-free.
2) Divide the hair into two sections, which will be braided into two separate fishtails. If you haven’t mastered the fishtail braid yet (it’s surprisingly easier than the French braid), check out this tutorial from Niomi Smart.
3) Twist the fishtail braids into a low knot, pinning in place and finishing with Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Anti-Humidity Spray.
Selena Gomez has pretty perfected, and this slicked back pony with loose waves is no exception. To get the look, follow these steps.
1) Use Tresemmé Mega Firm Control Gel to slick hair back into a bump free ponytail, applying the gel to the roots only.
2) Wrap a one-inch section of hair around the elastic and pin into place.
3) Have a friend (unless you’re super talented) wrap sections of your hair around a curling iron for loose waves like Selena’s.
Pretty Makeup Ideas To Match — See The Products We Recommend
For makeup as fancy as your new hair, there are tons of new options, whether you want to play up your eyes, lips or both.
For a sexy smoky eye, the Ck One Neutrals Redefined Palette contains 10 complementary shades in matte and shimmer finishes.
Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Lip Color gives lips a rich creamy finish and comes in 12 colors from pale nudes and frosty pinks to bold reds and punchy peach shades.
For a more subtle pop of color, try one of the Elizabeth Arden Sunkissed Pearls Lip Gloss Trio shades, which also contain mango and shea butter to keep lips moisturized all night.
Which style will you be trying out for prom? Be sure to check out our gallery and SHOP the rest of our prom beauty picks.
— Marissa DeSantis