The braids for Mara Hoffman’s Fall 2015 runway show were out of this world — literally! The beauty inspiration was ‘Lady Luke Skywalker’ — such a unique and fun look!
From the awesome braids to the flawless makeup, the beauty looks at the Mara Hoffman show on Feb. 14 were inspiring! Bella Throne, 17, always takes beauty risks on the red carpets which is why we think this look would be perfect for her. We have the exact hair and makeup break down for you to get this EXACT look!
Mara Hoffman Braids: Stylish Hair For Fall 2015 Show
Creative Director of Catwalk by TIGI, Thomas Osborn, created these amazing braids on the runways. The products he used were:
Here’s how to get the exact look:
1) Prep the hair with CATWALK by TIGI Session Series TM Salt Spray and create a clean, center part from hairline to nape, securing hair in two low ponytails (for the time being)
2) Use a paddle brush and a bit of CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray to smooth hair and set the severity of the part
3) Using pins, secure one extra-long, pre-made braid (using extensions) just behind the ear and cross over the crown. Repeat with a second pre-made braid in the opposite direction, crossing over the other braid to make an “X” on top of the head
4) Next, remove elastics from pigtails and begin braiding the ends of the braids into each pony, using a 3-strand technique and incorporating wefts of hair into the braid as you go to add length. Secure each side with an elastic, leaving a significant amount of unbraided hair below the elastic
5) Secure the two braids together, taking care to hide the pins and create the illusion of intertwined braids
6) Use fingers to pull on pieces of the braid to create an undone texture and set the look with CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray
Mara Hoffman’s Smokey Eye’s And Dewy Complexion
Makeup artist Lottie used an array of Maybelline products to create the perfect makeup look for Mara’s Fall 2015 collection.
For the eyes, Lottie started by applying Master Kajal in Charcoal Skies to the lids blending it all over while also bringing it under the lash line. She then blended two shades of Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow — Bold Gold and Bad To The Bronze.
She applied the cream gel on top of the shadow by gently pressing it on to the lid with her ring finger.
To create the beautiful dewy complexion, Lottie used the same mixture of the cream shadows and applied it to the cheekbones, nose bridge and cupids bow (right above the lips.)
HollywoodLifers, did you love this look? Will you try to recreate it?
— Shira Benozilio